2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

privateer703

AOF Addict
Ordered my helmet light yesterday.

So I think I read that we could change riders up to the day of the event, but can we add a 6th rider after we register (we are still registering as a 6-man team)?

MrTaskRacing

Yep--- Cranking it out today!
And I have changed the day before. Had people drop out too ( their loss --- they lose their entrance fee). I've raced Duo many times and 3 man team in the 6-man team class.
All it means is that you get a lot more ride time!! You have to be the turtle a little bit more, than the hare that sprints, but you'd get your miles in!!!
If you're not doing at least 60-70 miles for the day, why even show up? ;):muutt:

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I can bring a grill. It's a Weber medium-sized charcoal grill, round, I think 22" in diameter.

Didn't we have a Google Sheets spreadsheet somewhere with all the required supplies to bring? It would be handy to track who is bringing what.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think a 4-man team is a bare minimum for Alta bikes. If the bike takes 1.5 hours to charge and 45 minutes to discharge, then we need to have two bikes charging at all times while the 3rd bike is racing and the 4th is getting ready.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
We have 5 bikes, perfect number. That's 5ish hour each person. One lap then the next bike is out. No one will get too tired, the bikes have enough time to charge, all we need to do is swap the transponder to the next bike and go!

snydes

Staff member
I heard it's an event of extremes. Either extremely muddy or extremely deep dust/silt. If our weather in 2019 is a repeat of 2018 (my god I hope not) it will definitely be brutal mud again.

Matt

E-Rider
I heard it's an event of extremes. Either extremely muddy or extremely deep dust/silt. If our weather in 2019 is a repeat of 2018 (my god I hope not) it will definitely be brutal mud again.
Yeah this past year was insane. My laps in the begining when it was dusty were around 37-40 minutes and then after the torrential downpour it was over an hour for one lap. One lap is about 11 miles if I am not mistaken. I am glad the dust was gone for the night though because it would have been inposible to see. Hopfully this year is a bit more mild haha.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
If I get an alta within the next 10 days or so I will do the race with you guys. I did it this past year and loved it. Brutal mud in the night though.

Sounds good! I saw some of the posted videos of the night mud riding. Just brutal! One team member took nearly 3 hours to complete her run! Ouch

Matt

E-Rider
Sounds good! I saw some of the posted videos of the night mud riding. Just brutal! One team member took nearly 3 hours to complete her run! Ouch
I am pretty sure I saw her or one of her team mates at one point. One of my two lights went out during my night run which made it even worse ha. One of the sherco guys passed me at that point and I tried to follow them the best I could because the lighting he had was like riding behind the sun but it was difficult to keep up being nearly blind behind him with roosts of mud in my face haha. Definitely exhasuting when it is really muddy.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
snydes
Philip
teddyquinn
privateer703

Ok guys, PM me your age and rider skill level, ie: novice, B, A, etc. I'm thinking we are all "novices" but the age group I'm lost on. I don't have a clue how old any of us are!

I'm reading the rules and will fill out our team application form as soon as it's available. They only accept 120 riders so we'll have our app in the day registration opens. Be ready to pay January 1st.

We need a team name, too. Team Alta seems ok, Team Electric, meh. Team Old Electric Farts has a nice ring to it. Throw out your suggestions for consideration!

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Our Pit Area is 15x30 so my RV won't fit, but my enclosed car trailer will.

Pit Area:

• Premier, Teams, and Duo classes will be assigned a 15’x30’ pit area. Ironman classes will be assigned a 15’x15' pit area.
  • All bikes and equipment must stay within the assigned pit area. Gas cans and generators are the only exception, and they may be kept directly behind the assigned pit area to reduce fumes.
  • Vehicles, campers, trailers, etc that will not fit or are not needed in the assigned pit space will be parked or stored in the parking/camping area adjacent to the race pit area. All vehicles, trailers etc that do not fit in pit area WILL NOT be permitted just outside and around the pit area. This is a safety issue and subject to tow or team disqualification.
  • The speed limit in the pit area is 10 mph. For obvious safety reasons this will be strictly enforced.
  • Any riders or teams found to be in violation of this will be stopped on the spot to serve a 5 minute penalty.
  • All repairs, fueling, and rider changes must occur within the designated pit area.
  • Bikes must not be running during refueling.
  • Each pit is required to have a fire extinguisher.
  • Pit roads are one direction.
  • Lighting is not supplied in the race pits. It is your responsibility to light your own pit area.
  • Campfires are not permitted in pit area
  • Alcohol is not permitted in the pit area
  • Dumpsters are provided in pit area and camping area. Please show respect for property owner by cleaning up your space.

privateer703

AOF Addict
So am I mistaken that so long as Matt get's his bike before the event, we could add his as the 6th man correct? I was under the impression that our empty slot could be taken even after registration. I mean we are paying the same either way.