2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

MrTaskRacing

Yeah --- Phil didn't get the standard 10" light, though they are the same lumens, draw and output. Side by side they are pretty darn equal, it's
just the prototype Phil got is a little different from a beam perspective.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
So we picked out our team name, Team AltaOwnersForum.com! We have our first team sponsor, @MrTaskRacing , providing us a great discount on AWESOME lights and mounting hardware! I cannot wait to take my bike out at night to try it all out!

Tonight, right after I kiss my honey "Happy New Year!", I'm going to grab the laptop and register our team!

Our team consists of the following:

@Philip
@snydes
@privateer703
@OneLapper
@wildman240

We could enter the "Sportsman" class which is a 4 person team (and less money), but we if enter the "Team" class we have the option of adding two more Alta riders. I think we've settled on entering the "Team" class.

If you have an Alta and are ready to have a BLAST doing this event, chime in and let us know!

I'll guarantee we'll get some attention as the only ALL ELECTRIC team to ever compete! The videos and stories will be awesome to see and hear, too!

MrTaskRacing

Great to hear!!! Personally, I would do the 4 man team, so you guys get some riding in and push yourselves a little. Chances are life will happen, and you'll be scrambling to find a 3rd or 4th between now and then anyways. I would have sub-riders ready to jump in,. When it's a 6 man team, you are really only on the bike like 3-4.5 hrs total or so, which if you are doing a 24hr event, that's hardly working :LOL:. Unless you are sucking wind to man up and get back on the bike and turn laps, battered, broken, chaffed, and are angry at the others on your team that they are not pulling their weight ------ it's not a 24hr race :p.

I've done 4 Duo Class runs, and after doing those, around 185-210 miles each over 24hrs, you have to really respect those Ironman folks. Teams are easy, fun outings after that! Ha!
Happy New Years everybody!!

bluefxstc

Didn't we have a Google Sheets spreadsheet somewhere with all the required supplies to bring? It would be handy to track who is bringing what.
Here is the google sheet I started, but when I asked about it one of the moderators didn't see the need. Anyone with the link can edit it and I added a column for who will bring what. Google sheets are a pretty dynamic collaboration spreadsheet in that anyone with the link can edit the sheet. The sheet is just a start so add what you think should be on it. After we get the sheet fairly complete we can download it as an PDF or excel spreadsheet and put it on the forum in the resource section.

Alta 24 Hour Race Prep and Setup

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Here is the google sheet I started, but when I asked about it one of the moderators didn't see the need. Anyone with the link can edit it and I added a column for who will bring what. Google sheets are a pretty dynamic collaboration spreadsheet in that anyone with the link can edit the sheet. The sheet is just a start so add what you think should be on it. After we get the sheet fairly complete we can download it as an PDF or excel spreadsheet and put it on the forum in the resource section.

Alta 24 Hour Race Prep and Setup
I'll start putting together a list of gear we'll need. Thanks for putting this up to for us to use!

bluefxstc

I'll start putting together a list of gear we'll need. Thanks for putting this up to for us to use!
Awesome, I would like to get an Alta team for the Starvation Ridge 24 hour race in SE Washington next Oct. Would love to be part of your team, but the 2000 mile, one way commute, is a little fart for me. Hopefully I can take what your learn, and contribute to the list for this event, and apply it next year.

Home | Over The Bars Gang

Matt

E-Rider
I still plan to have a bike by then and if that happens I will gladly join. If any of you want to come ride at Tall Pines before the race I have some property about 45 minutes from there that any of you are welcome to come out and camp on. I had an mx track built on it this summer also that is pretty fun to rip around on and there is a building with power.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Hey Matt, that sounds great! Is the terrain like the 24h Challenge? Keep us posted on the bike situation

Matt

E-Rider
Hey Matt, that sounds great! Is the terrain like the 24h Challenge? Keep us posted on the bike situation
There are some single track trails that will be very similar. I can show you parts of last years course. Some of last years course that was not single track is open to ride on also.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Awesome, I would like to get an Alta team for the Starvation Ridge 24 hour race in SE Washington next Oct. Would love to be part of your team, but the 2000 mile, one way commute, is a little fart for me. Hopefully I can take what your learn, and contribute to the list for this event, and apply it next year.

Home | Over The Bars Gang
That's more in my neighborhood, sounds like something I may be able to be useful for! Never been big on racing, but it's never too late to start.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
If we can find a couple more riders to join us, I will have to start buying some extra lights to get my bike prepared. And if we don't win, we can at least have fun, and that's more important!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Went out for some night riding tonight. Awesome! The light worked great!

I didn't have a helmet light on. Turns out my helmet does not have a single flat of moderately curved mounting surface, and I have already used up the Airoh GoPro mount that came with the helmet. But I just found one more Airoh mount on Ebay.

I was not able to ride as fast as during the day, of course, but the ride was still enjoyable. With the helmet light I will be able to see better anywhere I look, and also over the hill crests, which were my blind spots today.

Many thanks to @MrTaskRacing!!!
:ricky: