2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

privateer703

AOF Addict
Yes the rules allow substitutions, but I'm not sure we would have to put someones name in that last spot. But if we don't know for sure, then we should probably just put someone in that spot just in case.

privateer703

AOF Addict
I went back to the rules and now I'm slightly confused:

Team Classes:
  • Up to 6 riders(*Sportsman 4 Man Team up to 4 riders)
  • Each rider can ride their own bike. Only one bike on course while all others must remain in the designated pit area.
  • No parts bike
  • No substitute riders
  • Teams entering in classes based on rider ability must sign up in the class of their highest level rider.
  • Age classes: All riders must be older than the defined age of the class
  • Team names are encouraged. Please choose appropriate team names. Any inappropriate names will not be published.
  • Sportsmen class comprised of entries with their highest level rider being classified at any level above C. Teams must sign up in the class of their highest level team member.
  • Novice class comprised of entries with their highest level rider being a C class rider. Teams must sign up in the class of their highest level team member.
  • Riders classified as Pro, AA, A, or B are not permitted in the Novice class.
  • Team Junior comprised of riders between the ages of 12-18 years old at the day of the event.
  • Bikes must have a minimum wheel size of 19" in the front and 16" in the rear.

Race numbers as follows:
Team Sportsman 4 Man: 50-99
Team Sportsmen: 100-149
Team 30+: 150-199
Team 40+: 200-249
Team 50+: 250-299
Team Junior: 300-349
Team Novice: 350-399
Team Women: 400-449

• Entries will have the option to list their top 3 choices of race numbers from within the specified range of their class on the event entry form. Race numbers will be assigned in order of entry. If the entries choices are not available or none are listed, the entry will be assigned the next available number.
  • Team riders can be changed until sign up closes at 9am on July 20, 2019.
  • All riders on the team must pass through sign up and sign waivers previous to the close of signup to be eligible to race in the event.
  • Correct bike numbers for this event must be displayed on all 3 number plates on bike. Non event numbers must be covered.
So it says no substitutions, but then says you can change team riders up to 9AM day of the event????

leeo45

Geezer in denial
So it says no substitutions, but then says you can change team riders up to 9AM day of the event????

I can't speak for the organizers of this event, but similarly worded rules at other events mean that once you have gone through registration (and signed waivers) on the day of the race your rider list is set. For example, someone crashes and gets hurt, you are not allowed to bring in a substitute from your pit crew to ride in that person's place. If you choose to continue it is with one less rider. I am sure you can send them an email and confirm the intent.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I can't speak for the organizers of this event, but similarly worded rules at other events mean that once you have gone through registration (and signed waivers) on the day of the race your rider list is set. For example, someone crashes and gets hurt, you are not allowed to bring in a substitute from your pit crew to ride in that person's place. If you choose to continue it is with one less rider. I am sure you can send them an email and confirm the intent.

That's how I understand the rule. You can drop a member and add someone in their place up to the moment of "sign up" on the day of the event.

We would need the 6th person to sign up and pay at the time we send in our reg form, Jan 1st. If we find that member this week, great! If not, it'll be the 5 of us.

privateer703

AOF Addict
But we have to pay the same either way correct? I would think add Matt when we register and if he gets his bike before the event he can then pay us for his portion of the registration, or we have till July to find another rider.
I guess I shouldn't care, it means more riding for me.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
That's how I understand the rule. You can drop a member and add someone in their place up to the moment of "sign up" on the day of the event.

We would need the 6th person to sign up and pay at the time we send in our reg form, Jan 1st. If we find that member this week, great! If not, it'll be the 5 of us.

I did a little more digging. If you look at the FAQ page, that is exactly what they say:

7) What if one of the team members cannot ride the event after pre-entry has been sent in?

Team members can be adjusted until sign-up closes on the morning of the start of the event.

I also noticed this item about classes:

Please note:
You can change riders up to the Saturday of the event, but class changes will not be allowed after June 20th 2019. Any class changes must be done prior to June 20th 2019.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
But we have to pay the same either way correct? I would think add Matt when we register and if he gets his bike before the event he can then pay us for his portion of the registration, or we have till July to find another rider.
I guess I shouldn't care, it means more riding for me.

I don't know if the "Team" pays one price irrespective of the number of members. If that's the case, it's the same price for 5 as it is for 6. I"ll figure that out

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Found it.

The Team pays one price, doesn't matter if it's 5 or 6 bikes.

Team Classes:

• Up to 6 riders
  • $380 entry fee
  • Each rider can ride their own bike. Only one bike on course while all others must remain in the designated pit area.
  • No parts bike
  • No substitute riders
  • Teams entering in classes based on rider ability must sign up in the class of their highest level rider.
  • Age classes: All riders must be older than the defined age of the class
  • Team names are encouraged. Please choose appropriate team names. Any inappropriate names will not be published.
  • Sportsmen class comprised of entries with their highest level rider being classified at any level above C. Teams must sign up in the class of their highest level team member.
  • Novice class comprised of entries with their highest level rider being a C class rider. Teams must sign up in the class of their highest level team member.
  • Riders classified as Pro, AA, A, or B are not permitted in the Novice class.
  • Team Junior comprised of riders between the ages of 12-18 years old at the day of the event. Bikes must have a minimum wheel size of 19” in the front and 16” in the rear.

Race numbers as follows:
Team Sportsman 4 Man: 50-99
Team Sportsman: 100-149
Team 30+: 150-199
Team 40+: 200-249
Team 50+: 250-299
Team Junior: 300-349
Team Novice: 350-399
Team Women: 400-449

• Entries will have the option to list their top 3 choices of race numbers from within the specified range of their class on the event entry form. Race numbers will be assigned in order of entry. If the entries choices are not available or none are listed, the entry will be assigned the next available number.
  • Team riders can be changed until sign up closes at 9am on July 20, 2019.
  • All riders on the team must pass through sign up and sign waivers previous to the close of signup to be eligible to race in the event.
  • Correct bike numbers for this event must be displayed on all 3 number plates on bike. Non event numbers must be covered.

MrTaskRacing

I wonder if that was @MrTaskRacing himself!

I'm in the throws of mounting my new Task kit right now. I'm shocked at how bright the lights are! I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade to the Gore mounts. I can't quite get the light bar where I need it.

Hey, no that wasn't me, or MAYBE it was! I sponsored the Sherco Offroad Team. Was probably Chris Bach ripping like the wind on his Sherco. Though I have to say, I WAS going fast in the nasty conditions!! Sherco is super smoot in that stuff. Hook up central!!!!

MrTaskRacing

I'm going to help you all out with the best upgrade to your bikes you can do~ ( other than your Task Racing lighting ;) ).
Tubliss. I went from super hook up in the dry dusty conditions at 10psi in front/8 psi in back, then the rains hit ---- that last 1/2 lap it came down like cats and dogs was sketchy at 10/8 psi. People weren't even able to get up some of the hills it was so slick~
-Went down to 4 psi in front and 3 psi in the year, and I had trouble breaking the tires loose and sliding!! Ha! Extreme hook up. That Tubliss System is amazing.
You can even go down to 0 psi.
Amazing system. You'll thank me later. Get it- - best investment in the bike I've made in a while~

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
I'm going to help you all out with the best upgrade to your bikes you can do~ ( other than your Task Racing lighting ;) ).
Tubliss. I went from super hook up in the dry dusty conditions at 10psi in front/8 psi in back, then the rains hit ---- that last 1/2 lap it came down like cats and dogs was sketchy at 10/8 psi. People weren't even able to get up some of the hills it was so slick~
-Went down to 4 psi in front and 3 psi in the year, and I had trouble breaking the tires loose and sliding!! Ha! Extreme hook up. That Tubliss System is amazing.
You can even go down to 0 psi.
Amazing system. You'll thank me later. Get it- - best investment in the bike I've made in a while~

What tires did you run?

MrTaskRacing

Bridgestone M59 front, and Kenda Ibex Rear. Always go with the M59 in the front for New England. There's nothing better.
Rear, if you have Tubliss, can be a harder compound, as long as it a reinforced carcass tire. If it's a reinforced carcass, you can run down to 0 psi without issue.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Kenda Ibex Gummy? or Standard?

Bridgestone M59 for the front... ok... tell me why you think its the best tire for NE. I'm totally open to suggestions on tires! I used a Dunlop S3 at 6psi for the last Jday race at Southwick. The ruts in the sand were 18" deep, but the Alta was like a tractor in the deep sand! So much traction I had a hard time keeping the front end down. Of course, I washed out on a root and rolled into the spectators in the woods section. I did install the Dal Saggio Spheres but haven't ridden the bike yet. Hopefully they are an improvements over the 4CS forks.

MrTaskRacing

I don't think they make anything OTHER than Gummy.
The M59 is the best New England tire out there. Always has been. Traditionally, the Bridgstone M59/ Pirelli MT16 combo was always the New England set up for Rocks/roots/sand ---- best all around tire. I have tried a lot of tires. The rear can be changed. I use the Kenda Ibex for Rocks/Roots. Grips on everything, and it does just fine in Sand. Uphills, even knubbed over, it's grips like crazy. They last a long time and don't chunk.
M59 is the best, and I've tried them all. If you want to stuff corners, the tire holds better than any tire I've used. The bike turns better, doesn't climb ruts, wears well, and doesn't chunk either. Dual compound, softer on top for breaking, and harder on the outside knobs so they dig in and don't flex. My buddy tested out 4 sets of forks on an Geomax MX51 front. Was pushing the front end everywhere and felt the suspension was too harsh. Swapped front wheels, and all of a sudden---super grip and his suspension was like butter. We all run M59 fronts. They are like $80, but totally worth the cost. I'll go cheap on a rear tire, but I won't waste my time testing other front tires anymore. They just work that well.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Well, your 10 inches looks different than my 10 inches.

Might light has 4 small spot lights, not 2 large lights.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Mark said he sent me something experimental. I hope that means it is better, but I have nothing to compare it to. I might go ride it at night a little tomorrow.