2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

MrTaskRacing

Just so you guys understand on the RA series lights ---- they connect to the forks, and can be fit inside a headlight bucket, or you can cut the numberplate on you Alta to accommodate the lights. You can either run them off one of my Rechargeable Batteries, or hardwire them into the bikes auxiliary plug that up front. I don't have the actual connectors for the Alta, but I can give you both sides of my plugs, so you can make an adaptor. Here's a couple pics to show you and help you understand~

RA Dual Fork Mount.PNG

RA Dual Fork Mount2.PNG

RAHLB2HRD.PNG

MrTaskRacing

Heck! I have that! Nice to know!! I'll include and adapter on all the light bar/headlight bucket kits for you guys, so this is an option to plug into!!!
Great to know!

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Heck! I have that! Nice to know!! I'll include and adapter on all the light bar/headlight bucket kits for you guys, so this is an option to plug into!!!
Great to know!

I don't think we ever figured out how to trick the ACM into turning on the aux light plug. The system is looking for a specific resistance value at that plug. If it doesn't see it, it turns the circuit off.

Maybe someone here knows that value........

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
I can't wait for my new light kit to arrive! I have yet to try my new N2Dirt suspension, and these light will let me do that after work.

snydes

Staff member
I don't think we ever figured out how to trick the ACM into turning on the aux light plug. The system is looking for a specific resistance value at that plug. If it doesn't see it, it turns the circuit off.

Maybe someone here knows that value........

That plug will provide power. I've tested it. The problems with using it based on the few things I have tried are you can't switch it on and off. You have to power cycle the bike with it connected, and if you were to disconnect/switch it off, the bike will kill the power to that circuit. I do not know the limitations of the circuit. There are a few guys that have messed with it including @schwankl and some others I can't recall. I've bench tested and lit up a stock Honda incandescent headlight assembly (high and low beams) and also tried a small (I think 7 watt, might have been 13watt) LED.

The other reports I recall had mixed results, with it sometimes working and sometimes not depending on load.

MrTaskRacing

Hey there--- With the yellow filter, you should have got those little Velcro round tabs with it, and directions, no? This way, it snap locks into place on/off. It can be popped off in a second and put on in a second. If not, and you want a more permanent solution, you can do a couple dollips of clear silicone around the edges of the light. It'll dry and then it can also be popped off if you need to yank it off.
Let me know if yours came with the small Velcro ( dual lock ) round tabs and directions Philip! If not, I'll get some in your hands.
Cheers!

privateer703

AOF Addict
Anyone have decent lights for the pit area? I'm guessing we need to supply electricity for our pit lights as well. How many generators do we have? I don't have a generator, but I can borrow one if we need it.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
I have a 6500 watt Honda that does 240, a 8500 watt diesel gen on the bus set up at 120, and a 10k diesel at 240 mounted on a watercraft trailer. The 10k is a two cylinder 1800rpm thumper that no one would appreciate.

We will need lights for the pit tent, cheap LED workshop light would be great. I think the local hardware store has them for $10, if not I have several I can remove from my shop and basement.

We need to charge 4 bikes at a time ideally. The 5th bike will be out on the course.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Looks like we'll be in good shape for generators. I'll make a sub panel to have in the pits. We have 25 or 35' to our pit space. If I bring the 1964 GM 4106 bus it'll just fit inside the 35' space. That would give us an awning, generator, beds, shower, couches, etc right there.

Does someone have a decent grill? Mine is too rusty to survive the trip.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Update! Registration is in 11 days!

Time to order your Task Racing gear before @MrTaskRacing runs out of supplies and/or gets swamped with orders. Mark is giving us Alta owners a great sponsor discount too!