2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
But what does it accomplish. Psych out the competition? Don't want to pass out of fear? Just wondering? :ricky:
It's just like distressed jeans with holes on the knees. They make others believe the guy/girl is cool, that they like to spend a lot of time on their knees, doing whatever they like to do.

Same here, shows everyone that I like to wear this helmet and ride in it often. It hides the dirt and scratches very well, which is a bonus because sometimes I do not wash my bikes and gear between the rides.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
OK, team #226 it is! The digits add up to #1. So much pressure to win our class!!!

Do the organizers provide the numbers, or are we expected to come up with our own?

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
They provide a small label with the team number, but... your old numbers need to be covered up.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Can we do reflective so it helps us spot each other in the dark?
I have reflective numbers on my CRF250. They work great for night racing. I got them at Walmart.

Not sure they have any black reflective numbers though.

Here, I found some 4" golden color reflective numbers:
Reflective Address Numbers

Could 4" golden numbers be used? The picture shows them against a white background, so they should be readable on white during the day.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Blue reflective would be pretty cool.

I have a vinyl shop that I can get some white, red or blue 3M reflective numbers made. It won't be free, but we can have any size we need made.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Acutally, we can have the numbers printed on a white reflective background that will really stand out!

wildman240

MrTask can provide them with a 25% discount through his vendor CorMoto. He says they make a really big impact at night and on camera. He would need our team number and total amount needed per rider. Typically front number plate and left/right side plates. They would be cut in batch and sent directly to each teammate.

If we went this route I would be willing to get an extra set for the team as a backup.

Let's discuss options and what everyone wants to see as a team image.

Btw, I tested my helmet lights tonight. Besides being insanely bright, you can literally warm your hands more than a foot away. So note to self and team: do not touch the lights on the helmets if they just came in from a stint. They are H.O.T.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
No rules on numbers. I don't think they really care if the light blocks the front number plate. Most of the videos I've seen have the light bar blocking the number plate

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
@MrTaskRacing , can you tell us what type of transponder is used for the event? I think I've seen a wrist band type being transferred from one bike to another in a video, but then I've also seen a box-ish looking thing being swapped.

Thanks!