2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

MrTaskRacing

MrTask can provide them with a 25% discount through his vendor CorMoto. He says they make a really big impact at night and on camera. He would need our team number and total amount needed per rider. Typically front number plate and left/right side plates. They would be cut in batch and sent directly to each teammate.

If we went this route I would be willing to get an extra set for the team as a backup.

Let's discuss options and what everyone wants to see as a team image.

Btw, I tested my helmet lights tonight. Besides being insanely bright, you can literally warm your hands more than a foot away. So note to self and team: do not touch the lights on the helmets if they just came in from a stint. They are H.O.T.

True!!! They do get hot. That's because of the power draw, which is significant. Think of the sun ;)

privateer703

AOF Addict
So CanvasMX.com is giving us a 10% discount on a custom jersey. I talked to the owner and they were going to buy an Alta for their shop but then sh$# happened. Full price on the jersey is $70. Their online design tool is really easy to use and they do have stock design that works really well with the e-bike theme. I just made a couple of color changes to match the EXR and MXR decal colors and added our sponsors. This is just a mock up, I didn't have an AOF logo to use. It would be pretty cool if we used similar jerseys in all our Alta team events. I'm pretty sure that Canvasmx will offer the 10% discount to any other teams, so long as everyone on the team is buying one. I promised we would feature their logo on the jersey for the discount.
Jersey_Front.JPGJersey_Back.JPG

MrTaskRacing

Nice!! Looks cool. I may have to do the same for my Pro Team!
If you can, use either of these logos on the shirt. It'll look better and I'm trying to be consistent with message.
Thanks guys!! Got to get the right identity out there!
Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

• Task Racing Logo Oval Decal 10.25.15.pdf
    373.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Task Racing Logo Rectangle Decal 10.25.15.pdf
    376.2 KB · Views: 13

snydes

Staff member
So CanvasMX.com is giving us a 10% discount on a custom jersey. I talked to the owner and they were going to buy an Alta for their shop but then sh$# happened. Full price on the jersey is $70. Their online design tool is really easy to use and they do have stock design that works really well with the e-bike theme. I just made a couple of color changes to match the EXR and MXR decal colors and added our sponsors. This is just a mock up, I didn't have an AOF logo to use. It would be pretty cool if we used similar jerseys in all our Alta team events. I'm pretty sure that Canvasmx will offer the 10% discount to any other teams, so long as everyone on the team is buying one. I promised we would feature their logo on the jersey for the discount.
View attachment 1998View attachment 1999

I like!! I’m in!

privateer703

AOF Addict
I was going to ask for higher res logos for the final product. That was just to mock something up. We may want to move the logos to the back. CanvasMX will also need permission from you to print the logo as well. I'm not sure if they will print the Alta logo. They have a bunch of stock logos they are allowed to use, which include all the major bike brands and a bunch of accessory brands, but they are very clear in their faqs that they won't print "Gear" logos without written consent.

snydes

Staff member
I was going to ask for higher res logos for the final product. That was just to mock something up. We may want to move the logos to the back. CanvasMX will also need permission from you to print the logo as well. I'm not sure if they will print the Alta logo. They have a bunch of stock logos they are allowed to use, which include all the major bike brands and a bunch of accessory brands, but they are very clear in their faqs that they won't print "Gear" logos without written consent.

Maybe just replace the “motors” in the main Alta logo with “owners forum”. If that becomes an issue.

Should we go with a color for the print on the sleeves that stands out a bit more?

Great job privateer!

privateer703

AOF Addict
If someone could get me an AltaOwnersForum logo in different colors I'll make the changes and post the mock-up. We could also remove the lightning bolt design from the sleeves so that AOF is more prominent.

MrTaskRacing

I wouldn't worry about it with the Alta Logo. Who is going to come back at you ? There's no one home! Ha!
Besides, I would think if you put a little circled R below it, it wouldn't be Trademark infringement.
If anything, they want their logo to be seen~
Brand recognition is key~

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Wow, that looks great!

Maybe invert the AltaOwnersForum.com on the sleeve so its not reading upside down when you're arms are on the handle bars?

Ditto on the Alta trademark symbol. Permission can't be granted because no one is home, so use the trademark symbol just in case..... that is if the printers will do it.

Matt

E-Rider
Word of advice for the transponder. Last year my group had it in a single phany pack like belt. When a rider came in we had the next rider ready with another guy who would run up unclick the belt and reclip it to the next rider really fast. The pack part was on the back so there was no annoying pack on your waist in the front. It was very effiecent and made it so we didn't have to jam the transponder in a new spot every time.

wildman240

Even better was our set up---- we put a Dual Lock mount strip on our numberplate, and one on the back of the transponder.
Every time someone would come in, we would snap lock it off and pop it onto the next guys number plate going back onto the track.
Took seconds.
I like that type solution better than having to wear something additional around my waist. Already have enough stuff wrapped around that area.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Even better was our set up---- we put a Dual Lock mount strip on our numberplate, and one on the back of the transponder.
Every time someone would come in, we would snap lock it off and pop it onto the next guys number plate going back onto the track.
Took seconds.

Is the transponder like a wrist band, or is it like a an EZpass transponder?