BAD NEWS

Rob41

Chief Engineer
This is terrible news. Lets just hope whoever ultimately ends up with the rights to the technology, either continues the Alta business or will out of the kindness of their heart, share it with existing owners so they can keep their bikes running. In the mean time, be very gentle with them just in case.

To be honest, I'm hoping a company like polaris that has an actual dealer network that reaches everywhere and not just near urban centers, buys them out. The four hour drive to the closest dealer has always been my greatest concern, especially considering you have to go to a dealer to even do a basic update let alone an electronic/software repair.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for every Alta owner out there and wish them the best of luck. If it doesn't work out for Alta, my plea to them is to not leave their very loyal customers out in the cold.

Tacq180

Could this be true??????

BAD NEWS

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Bad-news-on-Alta,1348289?page=6#quoteToday at 3:45 PM

Whymee:

I am feeling better now.

I cannot say who, what, where or why, and I have been sworn to secrecy, but Alta has been purchased, according to my insider in the industry.

I am so happy that this evening, at the grocery store, I am going to buy a bag of oranges and celebrate...

Honcho:
Hi all, sorry for the vague and ambiguous news. I know there are a million questions, and you all deserve answers. We should be able to share a little more next week, so please hang tight.

-Marc

MCP412

Anyone else buy an Alta in the last seven (7) days feeling like you were deceived-do they really want us to believe they made this decision overnight? Contact me

MrTaskRacing

I hope they will come back and come back strong. They were so close. About 5 of us in our riding group were looking hard at them.
If they could get the battery to stretch 3-4 hours of endure riding, we would have bought. 2 or so was just too little to make the jump.

JethroTX

If they tell us the manufacturer of the current batteries, or make the firmware code available, buying replacement batteries will not be a problem.

Chain sliders and delta wings. All else is easy to replace. Just do not crack the aluminum castings too much.
Battery cells are MURATA. Japanese company. Extreme high-quality

Scooter584

I hope it's true that they have a new investor. I don't want to go back to riding a gasoline powered bike.
I don't know how this effects my warranty claim. My dealer doesn't have much information, however they received my new battery pack yesterday. I have the battery the service rep swapped out of a demo, so my bike is fully functional, but I do want that new battery.
Can I ask why they replaced the battery? Which codes did you get on your dash and when they plugged in the laptop was there any "hidden" codes. I just received a new pack for mine under warranty as well. Just curious.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Anyone else buy an Alta in the last seven (7) days feeling like you were deceived-do they really want us to believe they made this decision overnight? Contact me

I suspect the actual Board of Directors decision to shut operations did effectively happen overnight. When an agreement with the second investment group was not reached this was one of the logical and typical business outcomes. It does not mean ALTA is gone. It means they needed to quit spending money at the full stream operations and marketing pace while they continue to aggressively work the finance and acquisition options.

Anyone who has been paying attention knew that the $$ from HD which was obtained during the Corporate Round of funding in March had likely been pulled due to HD’s financial problems. It was then obvious that a fast growing company like ALTA was actively looking for additional capital. I suspect that the dealers, the distributors, and the majority of the ALTA operations people had very little visibility to the status of these investor negotiations; likely little if any more than we did on this well-informed forum.

I don’t know who all of the Board members are, but I am reasonably certain that they as well as the existing Lead investors were weighing all of the consequences of this shut down before they made this decision and it was the best route among several difficult paths.

I have confidence that there are several viable paths forward for these bikes, this technology, and even ALTA as a brand. I think they will find a good route forward for the Future of Fast. Even if that doesn’t happen I am glad that I have my EXR and my only real concern is the software access. I will be riding this weekend and hoping for good news next week ! :ricky:

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I am feeling better now.

I cannot say who, what, where or why, and I have been sworn to secrecy, but Alta has been purchased, according to my insider in the industry.

I am so happy that this evening, at the grocery store, I am going to buy a bag of oranges and celebrate...
I guess this means I am off the hook of giving away half of my potential mega millions winnings then? If I hit the big one, I will still throw a lot of at Alta.

Moto Man

Can I ask why they replaced the battery? Which codes did you get on your dash and when they plugged in the laptop was there any "hidden" codes. I just received a new pack for mine under warranty as well. Just curious.
When I turned the key on, it showed no battery charge. When I hooked up the charger all I would get is a message saying "cycle key to clear battery error".

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
When I turned the key on, it showed no battery charge. When I hooked up the charger all I would get is a message saying "cycle key to clear battery error".
Not sure, but this sounds like this is how a BMS reset is conducted on the Alta.

Altaracer929

Great to see Durham racing the Alta Redshift MXR ! Thanks TCMB371 It makes sense Red Bull Straight Rhythm is a KTM/Husqvarna show for there new 2 strokes. Having the Alta electric MXR racing to the win over the 2 strokes bikes will make the forth coming announcement of the purchase of Alta motors by KTM brilliant marketing move.

Looks like Durham is still racing this weekend:

View attachment 1282

Johnny Depp

50 minutes ago

It's rumored by unknown sources over the internet that Pierer Industrie AG of Austria has opened negotiations to purchase interest in Alta Motors.

Stefan Pierer CEO for Pierer Industrie AG (pictured below) Company spokesman said Mr Stefan Pierer is vacationing in Brisbane, Ca. and could not be reached for comment.

s1200_download_2.jpg

If this is not true, it's a great hoax.