BAD NEWS

Scott

Any guesses on who purchased Alta?

My money is on Zero Motorcycles. You combine the Alta dealers with Zero dealers and you have a large network.

KTM would be even better!

Ultratoad

Fingers crossed for sure.... I'd already made a deal with my wife.... If the SMR came out by Christmas.... There would be one under the tree !!!! Even with everything going on I still want one !!!! Of course I'm the guy who bought a Victory Empulse TT.... Still not sorry, rode that beast today, still a few ICE bike riders on Hwy 9 that wonder what happened !!!!

Jon

Hey Marc (or anyone in the know): what is the word on straight rhythm and endurocross this weekend???

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Lets hope all the employees sent home today get their jobs back. It's not unheard of to purge employees before a merger or take-over. Happened to me in the 90s. All middle level management was let go when the company was purchased.

Mark911

Well, that explains the lack of availability of certain components like the battery pack. You can't stock expensive parts like that when you're struggling or don't have a firm financial plan forward.

snydes

Staff member
@Whymee This gets you a "follow." :)

@snydes can we now re-title this post as GOOD NEWS? #fingerscrossed

I'm not ready to celebrate yet, Whymee's confidence does seem inspiring. If it is indeed who we are assuming then it certainly would be a big deal. They are probably one of the few in the industry in the position and with the resources to make it work. If it's true who wants to bet there will be an electric bike in supercross for 2020?
It's a sad day, almost as bad as when BBR stopped making the perimeter frame for the 150f.

KTM has an electric bike.... but if they were to throw a husky sticker on the Alta, that would be cats
I have one of those frames....
Since we are all going to speculate this to death until next week, I'll go on record saying they would probably leave Alta as their own entity. Other than the shared technology KTM makes Husqvarna do business mostly on their own. I know a Husqvarna dealer and he says yes their headquarters are across from each other, but it's surprising how little KTM involves itself with Husky.

TriumphTwins

Hey Guys, New member here in Northwest IL that's been lurking around absorbing all I can for some time. Having just recently sold 2 high end pit bikes, a mint Triumph Bonneville street bike and my beloved 2017 KTM 450 SXF in order to help purchase an Alta here in the next week or 2 for my 52'nd birthday, it's an understatement to say this news rocked my world this morning!!

I was a bit more at ease reading this thread hearing that maybe Alta would be purchased or continue in some way with more info coming next week. BUT, my little brother (who lives near Alta and works for another company very involved with electric propulsion technology) just texted me and says his co-worker buddy got an email this morning from a friend who actually works (worked??) at Alta saying he was let go and is looking for work. My hopes were broken down another notch again........ I SOOO hope Alta pulls through this in some way! I need an Alta!!!!!!! LOL

Moto Man

I hope it's true that they have a new investor. I don't want to go back to riding a gasoline powered bike.
I don't know how this effects my warranty claim. My dealer doesn't have much information, however they received my new battery pack yesterday. I have the battery the service rep swapped out of a demo, so my bike is fully functional, but I do want that new battery.

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
I hope it's true that they have a new investor. I don't want to go back to riding a gasoline powered bike.
I don't know how this effects my warranty claim. My dealer doesn't have much information, however they received my new battery pack yesterday. I have the battery the service rep swapped out of a demo, so my bike is fully functional, but I do want that new battery.
Wow man, at least the battery is at your dealer. Close call.