2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
One phone for all would make the pit stops slower. Also, it won't last 24 hours. I think we have a plenty of phones, don't we? Just need to install the same app on all of them.

So... Rever or Advrider?

snydes

Staff member
One phone for all would make the pit stops slower. Also, it won't last 24 hours. I think we have a plenty of phones, don't we? Just need to install the same app on all of them.

So... Rever or Advrider?

Would have to be REVER. I don’t believe the other has an IOS app.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
So Steve and I are tracking each other on Rever. But we discovered this works on iPhone only. :(

I may have to bring an Android phone and an iPhone with me.

privateer703

AOF Addict
So if two people have iphones than one should be in the pit to track on their app. We don't all need to be on the same app, even though it would be nice, so long as we can track who is on course at any given moment. So I don't think you need to worry about bringing a second phone.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I have created group "NE Challenge Team AOF" on Advrider. Those with android phones please join!

Creating groups on Rever (iPhone) is a paid feature, so either someone with a paid subscription can do it, or we can just friend each other. Steve and I can be found by our First name Last name.

Matt

E-Rider
Anyone bringing a tire changing stand? I attempted to put on the tubliss and I must have pinched the inner tube. The bucket I use doesn't help much either.
I believe there is a tire vendor there that will change tires also. I know Tall Pines itself has a tire changer and can change tires on normal days.

snydes

Staff member
Everyone has their own tire changing recipe. I use windex for tire lube. Best to try a few different things and find out what you like best. My favorite tire tool is the “Baja No Pinch” tool. Tire changing is much less of a chore with that.

privateer703

AOF Addict
Everyone has their own tire changing recipe. I use windex for tire lube. Best to try a few different things and find out what you like best. My favorite tire tool is the “Baja No Pinch” tool. Tire changing is much less of a chore with that.

I hadn't seen that tool before. $100 is a bit pricey, but I foresee more than a few tire changes with this bike so that just might be worth it.

snydes

Staff member
It was worth the investment for me. Much, much easier to put tires on. I’m also maintaining six dirt bikes though which equates into a lot of tire changes. If you only change tires rarely than maybe it’s not worth the price.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I'm going to try that. I used a sealant that I'm beginning to hate.

Dawn dish soap and water.

No tools needed to get the Tubliss over the rim, did by hand.

The tire was no issue either.

No leaks at all, holds pressure, well, indefinitely.

wildman240

I have created group "NE Challenge Team AOF" on Advrider. Those with android phones please join!

Creating groups on Rever (iPhone) is a paid feature, so either someone with a paid subscription can do it, or we can just friend each other. Steve and I can be found by our First name Last name.
Downloaded and joined the group.