2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

snydes

Staff member
Speak of which I have one of my buddies coming who will be filming parts of the race and pits. If anyone doesn't want to be on camera I can exclude you. I plan to make a polished video of the race and its challenges.

I’m bringing with our Garmen VIRB and GoPro for race footage. We can all coordinate our video files for you and your crew to polish afterwards. :cool:

Matt

E-Rider
I'll have my GoPro 5 and 7 both with me...so if anyone wants to grab some video of their own saddle time...we can make that happen.
I have a bunch of go pro mounts also. I will also have a decent DSLR camera and possibly some drone footage. I will have Zac (video guy/friend) go out in the woods and get some third person shots as well.

snydes

Staff member
Do I have to get the national AMA membership, or my District 14 is good enough? I just paid $15 for D-14, now wondering if I should have paid $49 for the national membership instead.

I have no clue. I did a National membership. I’m surprised they don’t require national memberships to join a district but I guess that’s not the case.

Should I still bring a portable round Weber charcoal grill?

I’m not sure what the better choice is. If charcoal sounds better than we should take privateer703 up on his charcoal offer.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I've been out of it, I've had an illness in the family and also some guests. I am very bummed I will not have the team T-shirt ready for the race.

I will bring some food, beer, a 240V and a 110V generators, gas for the generators, a pressure washer, and I can bring one more 10' canopy, if needed. A work headlight. A floor lamp. Extension cords. Going to buy a bucket mister. A spare bike. A helmet GoPro. What else?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
We had an idea for all to install one Android/Apple compatible app to track each other on the course. Does anyone know such an app, perhaps to track kids? The cell reception is not great at Tall Pines, but maybe it would work at least closer to the pits?

mrs. snydes

I have no clue. I did a National membership. I’m surprised they don’t require national memberships to join a district but I guess that’s not the case.

I’m not sure what the better choice is. If charcoal sounds better than we should take privateer703 up on his charcoal offer.
Just the support staff talking but with this many people and food options more than one grill will probably be needed. So charcoal and propane win.

Matt

E-Rider
We had an idea for all to install one Android/Apple compatible app to track each other on the course. Does anyone know such an app, perhaps to track kids? The cell reception is not great at Tall Pines, but maybe it would work at least closer to the pits?
I have a Garmin watch that will live stream to other devices if connected to the app via Bluetooth at the same time. It will track for a decent chunk of the race on a single charge and it charges pretty fast. I believe also everyone would be able to download the app and use their own phone. This could be a potential option.

snydes

Staff member
Sorry I've been out of it, I've had an illness in the family and also some guests. I am very bummed I will not have the team T-shirt ready for the race.

I will bring some food, beer, a 240V and a 110V generators, gas for the generators, a pressure washer, and I can bring one more 10' canopy, if needed. A work headlight. A floor lamp. Extension cords. Going to buy a bucket mister. A spare bike. A helmet GoPro. What else?

Sorry to hear about your family issues. :(

That sounds like a excellent list of items. I was hoping someone would get one of the buckets misters so that’s great to hear!

snydes

Staff member
Here is an IOS and android app that has a live friend tracker that I know some others have used with success.

Download App

The rules state that radios cannot be used by riders, but I would think stashing a phone in the fanny pack would probably be ok? Thoughts?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I've ised the Rever app before. It works very well. It can even give real-time directions off-road, just like Google Maps!

I think having a phone in the fanny pack is a safety necessity.

Matt

E-Rider
I've ised the Rever app before. It works very well. It can even give real-time directions off-road, just like Google Maps!

I think having a phone in the fanny pack is a safety necessity.
I like the idea of having a phone. I didn't have one all last year. They have people along the course here and there and some riders are 24hr crew members that are helping down or broken riders. They will tow you back to the pits if your bike dies but you lose that lap. The only issue I could see with the phone is we have to put a phone in the fanny pack every time or use the same phone for all riders. Maybe each of us holds a phone separately in our water packs?