SoCal Ride Day - Cahuilla Creek MX - Wednesday, December 19th, 2018.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
A few of us are getting together for a ride day at Cahuilla Creek MX next Wednesday, December 19th. All members are welcome! Cahuilla has a pro motocross track, a tame vet track, a basic beginner/kid track, and an offroad loop. Something for everyone!

Gate fee is $30. Gate open at 8am and tracks open from 9-3.

Google Map location for Cahuilla Creek MX

I may bring my portable grill and some burgers.

Reply in this thread if you are going!

Confirmed going:
1. TCMB371
2. Philip
3. Tony Williams
4. Styker173
5. Nate Adams?

1544729330312.png

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Google says 2,263 miles for me. I probably won't make it next week. :cool:

It looks like a great place though. I enjoyed your video on the vet track. I am a woods and desert rider but I could probably handle that track without too much risk of a hospital visit. I need to plan a day or two there the next time I am in SoCal with a bike. You guys have fun and stay safe! A report and pictures are expected.

snydes

Staff member
We could also arrange an event further east at some point... @MattB had previously offered to open up his facility in Alabama. Could be a great spot for owners within reach if he is still open to that idea.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Does somebody have a big f-ing generator, or should one be rented?

I'll be bringing my 4000W for my bike. But if we get more than 5 Alta riders it might be worth thinking about renting a tow-behind diesel generator.

Tony, are you definitely coming?

Good point. Please make sure to video the event as well. The west coast will be best for the most concentration of owners, but us guys out of reach will be jealous!

I'll be capturing as much footage as i can, between my GoPro and my Canon T6i.

TonyWilliams

User asked to be "deleted"
I'll be bringing my 4000W for my bike. But if we get more than 5 Alta riders it might be worth thinking about renting a tow-behind diesel generator.

Tony, are you definitely coming?

I don’t yet have a way to charge my bike, short of going to the RV Park that is 5 miles away (to use the “50 amp” service there).

Yes, plan to be there. It’s only 33 miles from my shop.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I don’t yet have a way to charge my bike, short of going to the RV Park that is 5 miles away (to use the “50 amp” service there).

Yes, plan to be there. It’s only 33 miles from my shop.

Go scoop up a Predator 4000 from harbor freight!

4000 Max Starting/3200 Running Watts, 6.5 HP (212cc) Generator EPA III with GFCI Outlet Protection

Or the new Predator 4375 with 3500 running watts.

4375 Max Starting/3500 Running Watts, 6.5 HP (212cc) Generator EPA III with GFCI Outlet Protection

TonyWilliams

User asked to be "deleted"

Those two are not CARB compliant for California. Also, have you actually used either of these? I predict that we need about 3.8kW continuous on the AC side (240V * 16A) to make 3.3kW DC.

Now I will have to measure it.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Those two are not CARB compliant for California. Also, have you actually used either of these? I predict that we need about 3.8kW continuous on the AC side (240V * 16A) to make 3.3kW DC.

Now I will have to measure it.

Ive been using the Predator 4000 since day 1. Its worked fine for me. There is a version that is CARB compliant. In CA, all the ones they sell are CARB compliant.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I will be bringing two (hopefully) fully charged bikes, so I won't be needing a track-side generator. :ricky::ricky:

Going to stop at N2Dirt on Monday or Tuesday to pick up my suspension. Will be giving it a good test at Cahuilla!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I will be bringing two (hopefully) fully charged bikes, so I won't be needing a track-side generator. :ricky::ricky:

Going to stop at N2Dirt on Monday or Tuesday to pick up my suspension. Will be giving it a good test at Cahuilla!

I'd like to see the difference! I've got my stock suspension feeling really good for me at the moment.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Also, you can use my generator on one of the bikes while riding the other one if need be. Man, thats actually quite the luxury. Maybe i should pick up another MXR.

Reactions: Fod