SoCal Alta Ride Day at Cahuilla Creek MX

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Awesome, Bryan! Thank you for putting together a video so quickly. It will take me some time to edit and upload my videos, I an not yet as pro at this as you are.

Haha, i'm far from a pro at video editing, but i do learn things quickly! I'm much better at it now than i was about a month ago.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think you might be using a frame rate or a resolution that YouTube does not fully support. I use 760 at 60fps. It helps to keep the picture from getting fuzzy at riding speeds.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I'm shooting 1080p at 60fps, superview with image stabilization turned on. Youtube just compresses the crap out of videos. I rendered this video at ludicrous 35MBPS bitrate! Extreme overkill and it still looks a tad grainy on youtube.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't go with the 1080p for this exact reason. There is a list of formats that YouTube likes, and the GoPro's default 1080p wasn't one of them.

I just searched and I couldn't find that info right away. My info is at least 3 years old though, so maybe things have since changed.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I have a Hero 5 Black. I'm going to try shooting in 2.7k @ 60fps next time and see if youtube still compresses it to all hell. o_O