Racing the MXR in muddy conditions

Matt

E-Rider
So we will be able to get some runs on the actual course on Friday? That would be really helpful.
Sorry by Practice I meant riding at Tall Pines before the race. Some of the course is always open but most of the single track is new each year from my understanding and isn't open until the race starts. There is no Friday practice, unfortunately.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
One more thing about pressure washing. If you have an O-ring chain, never blast at if from the top. This pushes the sand under the seals. With sand in it, this chain will stretch quicker than a non-O-ring chain. Pressure wash it only from the side.

I am speaking from experience. Riding my old KTM 1190R Adventure on the TAT trail a couple of years ago, my chain stretched so much that by the middle of the first week I first ran out fo the adjustment, and then the chain started jumping off the rear sprocket. Later, I was able to install it back with bare hands even without rotating the rear wheel. I had to buy a new chain in Colorado. All because I was over-zealous at keeping my bike clean and shiny prior to that ride. Sometimes a bike lasts longer if it is never washed, LOL!

aremean79

forgot to add.... it was very painful to lap riders cos they have no idea that I was behind them. lost a couple of valuable secs and not to mention lost my voice from all the screaming!

did anyone here had any horn installed? cos i am very tempted to get one installed on my bike... lol

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Indeed! I wash my bike with a pressure washer all the time, intelligently... I’ve also submerged the bike in deep water several times. I even went fully under during a crossing a few months back...BUT! I would still exercise caution. I was a lot braver when I could get parts. 😑

-Electro

Indeed! Love Electrobraap's vid on the Rubicon trail, crossing the river. Looked like a submarine! Electro is braver than me. See about 1 minute into the vid.

Reactions: Rix