HadesOmega Moto Racing Light Bee Winter 24 Build VLOGs

HadesOmega

HadesOmeg Moto Racing had a great 2023 race year and I plan on rebuilding the bike to make it stronger and faster for the 2024 year of racing. This is a year of no compromises I'm taking what I have learned in 2023 and focus on strengthening the weaknesses the bike had in 2023. This is a series of build VLOGs for my 2018 Sur Ron Light Bee MX preparing it for 2024. I've decided I'm not going to get an Ultra Bee it would cost too much money to buy a bike and get it to the level my Light Bee is at so we are going all in on the Light Bee! We'll show those gassers what a 150lbs electric dirt bike can do!

First off is it's time to replace that wet noodle swing arm. I am going to redo and refresh the whole rear end of the bike for 2024. I plan to do it with the KO Moto swingarm. The swingarm is not stiff and not strong enough to handle the type of riding I am doing. I have had it repaired 3 times for cracks. The first time the guy repairing it found 10 cracks he needed to repair. The support brace just keeps on developing cracks. Enter the KO Moto Swing Arm.

HadesOmega

It was a bit of a struggle to get the right chain length and unfortunately I bought too short a chain. Swingarm is done and it's time for the gripe fest!

HadesOmega

Changed the geometry of the suspension so now I gotta set the suspension sag again. The longer swingarm creates more force on the shock so we need to up the spring rate!

HadesOmega

First ride of the year 2024 and we take the Light Bee with the KO Swingarm for it first ride after installing it.

HadesOmega

Had a problem with this battery cutting out on me when I hit jumps and bumps hard when I was riding in Moab and in the last supermoto race. I suspect it was this breaker, Litespeed Bikes doesn't make batteries with this breaker anymore but it is handy to have when connecting the battery. I have yet to see if this cured the problem need to subject it to more rigorous testing..

HadesOmega

JFG Racing headlight install! I wanted to combine the headlight and numberplate into one for something more elegant looking.
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

HadesOmega

Vonkat TenFive Review and Service - When I installed the KO Moto swingarm I noticed the bump stop on my Vonkat TenFive shock was cracked and on it's way out and I found I needed a stiffer spring because of the longer swingarm so I sent it to Vonkat to get it serviced and get the bumper replaced and install a stiffer spring.

Test ride after installing the newly serviced Vonkat TenFive shock with the sag set with new spring