POLL - Have you had problems that required support from Alta Motors?

Have you had problems that required support from Alta Motors?

• No

• Yes, the problem would have prevented me from riding

• Yes, but I could have fixed it myself or with someone else's help

Results are only viewable after voting.

datadog

Damn, that sucks! Any idea what riding behavior might have contributed, so some of us might attempt to not do the same?

Probably not caused by any riding behavior. It's a voltage imbalance within one or more of the battery modules. It indicated a possible interrupted connection between cells, a fault within the battery itself.

Fod

Probably not caused by any riding behavior. It's a voltage imbalance within one or more of the battery modules. It indicated a possible interrupted connection between cells, a fault within the battery itself.
How did you fix this problem with the updated pack if its a battery issue?

snydes

Staff member
In fairness, Bionicman’s bike may have had a totally unrelated issue. His bike became totally unresponsive, which was the first and only case we heard of on here.

datadog

In fairness, Bionicman’s bike may have had a totally unrelated issue. His bike became totally unresponsive, which was the first and only case we heard of on here.

And the same is true for others. Assuming may lead to mistakes in this attempted analysis. Just my opinion.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Well, I am not going to let this interfere with my use and enjoyment of the machine, as soon as it finishes recharging, it's time to get a few more laps in.

datadog

We've seen customers ride for several weeks with the code latched. I'm unsure what the result will be, whether the battery will retain any damage, or whether there are safety issues. For those of you continuing to ride with the code latched, please provide me with some feedback on any differences in power, range, and charging if you would be so kind so I can collect the data.

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
We've seen customers ride for several weeks with the code latched. I'm unsure what the result will be, whether the battery will retain any damage, or whether there are safety issues. For those of you continuing to ride with the code latched, please provide me with some feedback on any differences in power, range, and charging if you would be so kind so I can collect the data.
Man you are an Alta guy through and through. I really hope you can get your position back with them.

Thanks for all your help here!

Bloak

2018 MXR#0373
Still charges. Rode for bit at mx track with code but was cut short due to rain. Last time out it seemed fine but I was just field burning and not at the track so couldn't judge battery drain rate.