Just got a Recall notice

snydes

Staff member
I think most ICE riders don't even know they exist, even today - so they'd never consider them, and if they did most would likely bench-race them out of contention by weight / price / range / sound / smell (ever hang out at ThumperTalk?) :)

:cautious: Yes, it’s so tiresome. Most of the loudmouths are probably closet fans in denial.

And speaking only for myself, after having actually ridden electric for a while now I'd never consider ICE again, so I'm definitely biased.

Amen to that.

Gertech

@aremean79, mine began to display "Code 33 service soon" on the dash. Had some trouble getting it to take a charge, and when it did, it wouldn't take a complete charge before the charger would turn off and say it was done. It would be like 97% full, but still have a little left. I feel like the battery wasn't lasting quite as long for me either, but that could be me just riding the bike harder since I've gotten used to it. Anyway, it's back at the dealer for diagnosis and repair. I dropped it off at the end of last week, so I should have the word this week as to what's going on. I'll post the findings here: https://altaownersforum.com/threads/warnings-on-dashboard-on-new-mxr.136/

Judaslefourbe

Just got a call today regarding my 2019 EXR... new safety recall requiring a firmware update. Something about handling a short-to-ground. I just had the firmware updated a few weeks ago to handle theInverter Throttle Fault. Back to the dealership... uggg!

There isn't a new recall; If you had the throttle issue taken care of, you should not need to go back as it is the latest firmware. Can you PM me your VIN so I can take a look?