2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I have a 6500w Honda, not the super quiet EU style.

When I did the math on this venture I came up with the need to have 1.5 bikes charging at all times. So, effectively, a generator with the ability to charge two fast chargers will need to be running 24 hours, plus power the tent and lights.

I do have a 8500watt 1800rpm diesel generator, in a sound enclosure, that can be wired for 220. I can mount it on a trailer and install a remote radiator. It'll be quiet and fuel efficient (1 gallon per hour).

I can run two 220 outlets to power two chargers.

I have a Honda EU1000 that can charge the Task Racing batteries, phones, laptops, etc, and a some LED lights for the tent.

All I need to make this happen is 30 gallons of diesel and a small car radiator with 12vdc fan.

All in favor?

snydes

Staff member
I have a 6500w Honda, not the super quiet EU style.

When I did the math on this venture I came up with the need to have 1.5 bikes charging at all times. So, effectively, a generator with the ability to charge two fast chargers will need to be running 24 hours, plus power the tent and lights.

I do have a 8500watt 1800rpm diesel generator, in a sound enclosure, that can be wired for 220. I can mount it on a trailer and install a remote radiator. It'll be quiet and fuel efficient (1 gallon per hour).

I can run two 220 outlets to power two chargers.

I have a Honda EU1000 that can charge the Task Racing batteries, phones, laptops, etc, and a some LED lights for the tent.

All I need to make this happen is 30 gallons of diesel and a small car radiator with 12vdc fan.

All in favor?

Definitely. My loud generator will be annoying after 10 minutes much less 24 hours. We can use mine as the backup. I can bring a 5 gallon can of diesel towards fuel to run your unit.

privateer703

AOF Addict
That sounds awesome, I can bring lots of beer and food. I have two very small radiators I use as heat exchangers for brewing. I doubt they'll get the job done though, they are for cooling PC's. I'll bring some fuel as well.

snydes

Staff member
The race is fast approaching, so we need to start getting our ducks in a row. I’m going to start a list of things necessary for the event that we can add/edit as we think of them.

1. Generators-
Onelapper providing primary generator and
secondary for charging light batteries.
I will bring backup unit.

2. Electrical accessories-
I am bringing a sub panel for Onelappers
generator that will allow two bikes to
connect to a single outlet. I will also bring
(2) 120v surge protector strips to be used
on the secondary generator for the
multitude of light and phone chargers.

3. Fuel-
If each person brings with 5 gallons of road
diesel we will have enough for event.

4. Canopies-
I have (1) 10’x10’ EZ Up canopy I will bring.
Matt and Onelapper to bring with their well used canopies as well.
Pit space is 30' x 15', if anyone else has an EZ up
please bring it with.

5. Food-
I will bring with my camping grill and a
folding table, also some grill food. If a few
others could chip in with some food item
contributions for the effort we should be ok.
Should have a cooler and ice for items at our pit
spot.

6. Tools-
I will have with a portable air tank, portable
120v air compressor, tire tools and other
basic hand tools. Feel free to suggest
additions.

7. Misc.
Fire extinguishers - I will have two with me
Canopy banner - I’m having one made
Bikes for riding back and forth from pits
Everyone bring there Alta chargers
White board - Onelapper
Everyone bring a chair
Emergency headlamp for trail repairs - I'll bring one
Fanny pack for transponder?

Pressure washers?
Fans?
Misting fan for bikes?

That’s all I can think of this early in the morning.

Matt

E-Rider
The race is fast approaching, so we need to start getting our ducks in a row. I’m going to start a list of things necessary for the event that we can add/edit as we think of them.

1. Generators-
Onelapper providing primary generator and
secondary for charging light batteries.
I will bring backup unit.

2. Electrical accessories-
I am bringing a sub panel for Onelappers
generator that will allow two bikes to
connect to a single outlet. I will also bring
(2) 120v surge protector strips to be used
on the secondary generator for the
multitude of light and phone chargers.

3. Fuel-
If each person brings with 5 gallons of road
diesel we will have enough for event.

4. Canopies-
I have (1) 10’x10’ EZ Up canopy I will bring.
We need to confirm our space size but we
should at least have one more 10’x10’ to
keep the whole thing covered.

5. Food-
I will bring with my camping grill and a
folding table, also some grill food. If a few
others could chip in with some food item
contributions for the effort we should be ok.

6. Tools-
I will have with a portable air tank, portable
120v air compressor, tire tools and other
basic hand tools. Feel free to suggest
additions.

7. ?-
Pressure washers?
Fans?
Misting fan for bikes?
Canopy banner?

That’s all I can think of this early in the morning.
The Pit size is 15' x 30'. We may also want the zip on walls for pop up tents so if anyone has those when they bring thier tent toss those on too. How are we holding the transponder?

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Fire Extinguisher for the pits is required.

Also noted, there are no pit bikes, motorcycle riding, etc in the pit area OR the camping area. Dont forget to bring your bicycle to get from your RV to the pits

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Thanks Matt!

Do we know what the transponder looks like?

My buddy's team was DQ'd last year because one of their riders had a transponder under his helmet visor from a different race series. Somehow that messed up the signal reading the NE24Challenge transponder and no lap times were recorded for that rider. I guess there is no manual system for recording times (event worker yells out numbers of passing bikes at the start finish as someone else writes down the time).

snydes

Staff member
I have two fire extinguishers in my rig so I have that requirement covered. I’m also having a 8’ x 3’ banner made for our pit canopy. I will edit my list.

Everyone bring your bike chargers. We probably only need 2 or 3 tops, but backups are a good idea.

Matt

E-Rider
Thanks Matt!

Do we know what the transponder looks like?

My buddy's team was DQ'd last year because one of their riders had a transponder under his helmet visor from a different race series. Somehow that messed up the signal reading the NE24Challenge transponder and no lap times were recorded for that rider. I guess there is no manual system for recording times (event worker yells out numbers of passing bikes at the start finish as someone else writes down the time).
It is like a small brick similar to an easy pass for cars. Last year my team had a fanny pack we kept it in and just unclipped the pack from one guy and onto the other so we never messed with the actual transponder. Also last year I only had my number on my helmet. They actually give each team a set of small number stickers. I think the transponder does most of the work normally.