Potential new owner - 2 bikes here in the UK

edteamslr

Someone please open that recommended_fw.json and check which FW these bikes have. I am at work now, l can only do it the evening.
Thanks - I don't believe the bikes are going anywhere right away and I said I'd do some due diligence on them first. When someone has a minute to look it would be much appreciated!(y)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Pricey. Being one of only a handful in the UK. Seller wants £12,000 ($15,600) each
Plus fast charger for £500.
I would find out how much it would cost you to ship bikes from the US. You can still buy new ones here in the US for $10-12K. I doubt that shipping two bikes to the UK would cost you $7,200, would it? Although I don't know about your 20% VAT and such.

edteamslr

I would find out how much it would cost you to ship bikes from the US. You can still buy new ones here in the US for $10-12K. I doubt that shipping two bikes to the UK would cost you $7,200, would it? Although I don't know about your 20% VAT and such.
You have definitely got me thinking now. 20% Vat is a sting in the tail but it might be worth exploring. Think I will ring some shipping companies tomorrow. Thanks for you help!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Would 379 and 400 be problematic or is it anecdotal rather than definitive...?

View attachment 2859

According to Alta Redshift VIN Database and MX/MXR Firmware these both bikes have the latest MXR firmware version Redshift_MX_1_5_1_RC1.zip

So, the one with 100 miles on it is almost definitely good. And the other brand new one has an exactly 99% chance of being good as well.

Monza

For import in EC or UK you'll have your country VAT to pay (20% In France) based on purchasing price + the delivery cost ( less than 1500€ all included) + a specific import Tax which is 6% for an electric bike in EC. Hope this helps.

Pyndon

Hi guys, somebody just pointed me to this thread, asking if the bikes were mine. No, not my bikes, the bikes I has stolen were fully setup for racing with lots of factory and aftermarket parts on, easily identifiable without chassis numbers but of course VIN numbers confirmed they are new imports. I've known about these bikes for a while and have been looking at ways they could be put to good use. Such a rare bike in the UK and in such great condition (basically brand new) for a fair price.

Long story short, last week I arranged the purchase of both of them and will collect them early next week. Happy days, a good deal and no import hassle.

Lyndon

edteamslr

Hi guys, somebody just pointed me to this thread, asking if the bikes were mine. No, not my bikes, the bikes I has stolen were fully setup for racing with lots of factory and aftermarket parts on, easily identifiable without chassis numbers but of course VIN numbers confirmed they are new imports. I've known about these bikes for a while and have been looking at ways they could be put to good use. Such a rare bike in the UK and in such great condition (basically brand new) for a fair price.

Long story short, last week I arranged the purchase of both of them and will collect them early next week. Happy days, a good deal and no import hassle.

Lyndon

Having visited them already they are spotless and the guys at Extreme are really straight. Having searched for ages they finally came up just down the road from where I live but it fell at the wrong time for me to buy them after all. Kicking myself.

Marlle

Having visited them already they are spotless and the guys at Extreme are really straight. Having searched for ages they finally came up just down the road from where I live but it fell at the wrong time for me to buy them after all. Kicking myself.

Hi were the bikes sold or are they still for sale. I’m looking for an Alta 2018 Mx edition, but I found it at bit difficult to conclude in the thread if they were sold or not😊.

Thanks