Questions from a potential owner #2

rtf

Can anyone shed some light on some optional graphic kits for the MXR? While I don't mind the stock plastic on the MXR, I've seen some others that I prefer much more. Anywhere to buy any others?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone shed some light on some optional graphic kits for the MXR? While I don't mind the stock plastic on the MXR, I've seen some others that I prefer much more. Anywhere to buy any others?
Welcome to the Forum, rtf!

The way it is going, we may have to create a special Decals and Graphics Kit category. For now use the Search function (the one with a magnifying glass icon):
https://altaownersforum.com/search/18/?q=Decal+graphics

EDIT: A new Graphics and Decals forum has been created two days later.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
My 2017 MX was upgraded with white plastic. The 2018 MXR is all white. You can peel off or Photoshop away all the little color accents that it has to see how it would look all white.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Another random question, does anyone know if the MX plastics will fit on the MXR?
Yes, they are the same. I just compared the shaped and the mounting points on my two bikes, and they are identical.

Also, Alta would not invest in new injection molds without a good reason, and AFAIK there has not been such a reason yet.

rtf

Yes, they are the same. I just compared the shaped and the mounting points on my two bikes, and they are identical.

Also, Alta would not invest in new injection molds without a good reason, and AFAIK there has not been such a reason yet.

Thank you sir!

Mark911

I thought the rear subsection was modified to raise the rear fender so the new shock/link wouldn't bottom on it? It definitely looks higher than my 2017, but the swingarm angle could have changed as well.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the rear subsection was modified to raise the rear fender so the new shock/link wouldn't bottom on it? It definitely looks higher than my 2017, but the swingarm angle could have changed as well.
Not sure about the rear subsection, but the fender appears the same. I have heard that the rear wheel's travel was slightly reduced instead.

Judaslefourbe

Plastics are not the same per se (we made some material changes), but they are interchangeable.
The MX and MXR have the same travel even if the shock total length is slightly different. The trilink is different though (and therefore has a different ratio).