For Sale Parts now available for sale

wildman240

In all fairness, those parts were listed under the guise of being Alta OEM parts on the AOF. Taking a Honda fender and dropping an Alta decal on the side does not an OEM part make. Some guys wanted/expected OEM parts for their bike. The listing should have stated either OEM product or product that is aftermarket.

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
In all fairness, those parts were listed under the guise of being Alta OEM parts on the AOF. Taking a Honda fender and dropping an Alta decal on the side does not an OEM part make. Some guys wanted/expected OEM parts for their bike. The listing should have stated either OEM product or product that is aftermarket.

These were purchased directly from Alta. They are technically OEM parts for Alta.

I'll be much more reserved on what I list going forward, I'm really surprised by this somewhat immature reaction to a public auction. The fender fits an Alta.

wildman240

Yup. I thought $0.99 was a fair starting price for a fender from the Alta factory with factory stickers... but people like to cast blame, and I'm able to take it.

Bear in mind, this was the guy over-bidding on everything with a (0) eBay score. And everyone knows the Alta is a Honda front. Or so I thought.

But yeah, totally my fault. What was I thinking making parts available?

And no, no one lied to you Cody. I would rethink your approach here.

EDIT - As more plastics hit the street (they're coming) this isn't the type of buyer sellers are looking for.
Do you mean the kind of buyers that expect the seller to be honest about the product? I'd simply engage the Ebay button and return the product with a negative listing if the seller didn't do the right thing . But that's just me.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Guys -- let's not turn this thread into a flame war. Else I would have to clean it up.

@Cody129 -- If you think you got cheated, take this up with eBay. But keep in mind that the Alta's OEM front fender and MX/MXR number plate are 2009 CRF450 parts made by Acerbis. They even say so on the back of the number plate. Maybe even on the fender, I didn't look. So, you have received Alta OEM parts.

wildman240

In the picture he sent it clearly shows Polisport as the manufacturer not Acerbis. Perhaps Alta was test fitting alternatives.

Cody129

Whatever I’m done. thanks @wildman240 If I was aware the Honda front would fit I would have just bought that for $20 and @AltaWest next time u list something on eBay your description should be crf250 front fender will also fit Alta Redshift MX

privateer703

AOF Addict
Parts compatibility is a topic discussed on many threads and the front fender was mentioned in many of them. Alta may have very well bought fenders from Acerbis and Polisport, we don't know. But I don't think it is AltaWest's job to figure that out for you. It's not like all he had was a bunch of fenders trying to screw people over. When I saw side number plates get run-up to $177 I have absolutely no pity for people bidding on the fenders. Also if you thought $50 was high for a fender, there are many threads about using alternate fenders.

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
Does anyone have a better idea on how to sell parts? That first batch was only about 1/8 of what we have.

Don't want to upset anyone else. Maybe the barter system? I'll trade sets of plastics for a battery case..... Still have lots left.

Honestly thought eBay would be fair. Never thought I would be told FU for bringing Alta parts to this community.

If you need me, I'll be out riding....

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
To re-iterate (possibly sticky since info like this has a tendency to slip)

Alta had Polisport fenders for the MX, EX and SM. Acerbis made the parts for the rear subframe (other than the street legal part, aka the beaver tail) .

Fork guards are also Polisport. Front Number plate (MX, MXR) was from Acerbis. Not custom, but we bought it from them.

Ebay is a double edged sword. I agree with Phillip the AOF store is a great option to sell parts.

Judaslefourbe

Alta had Polisport fenders for the MX, EX and SM. Acerbis made the parts for the rear subframe (other than the street legal part, aka the beaver tail) .
Fork guards are also Polisport. Front Number plate (MX, MXR) was from Acerbis. Not custom, but we bought it from them.
Ebay is a double edged sword. I agree with Phillip the AOF store is a great option to sell parts.
Not 100% correct as it depends on the pedigree of the bike.
SM front fender was made by Acerbis
Bikes with 4CS/SM forks had fork guards from Acerbis.
Xplor/AER guards came from Polisport
MX/EX front fender started at Acerbis and when their tool started getting old, we switched to Polisport

privateer703

AOF Addict
While I like a free market system, if people think it's unfair the only other way to do it in my opinion is a lottery type system. There were still a few people willing to pay lot's of money for these parts, so odds are good that new listings will get that high if ebay is used again. If someone has completely broken plastics, specifically rear subframe and rear fender, than maybe the best option is to allow just those to bid. It makes sure that if someone is going to spend $$$$ then it's at least because they need it, not because they want a spare and have money to burn. Then for the remainder of those who just want spares we could implement a lottery system. Just throwing out ideas.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I would recommend Michael sets initial prices and discloses the quantities available for sale (which is a standard feature in the AOF Store). Then raises the prices as the quantities reduce. The needy people will buy right away, or will be able to buy later at higher prices.

Mark911

Maybe just the opposite will happen! Now that folks know there are multiple copies of all the plastic I'd wait until round 4 or 5 to even place a bid. By then all the high rollers should be satisfied, lol.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Maybe just the opposite will happen! Now that folks know there are multiple copies of all the plastic I'd wait until round 4 or 5 to even place a bid. By then all the high rollers should be satisfied, lol.
This was my strategy, I'm only looking for spares anyhow. Let those with motivation have their shot first.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe. But the AOF Store is not an auction, so you cannot bid, just buy at the listed price.

Top Bottom