For Sale Parts now available for sale

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I'm going to put myself out on a ledge here a little bit, but let the guy sell parts as he wishes. They are his parts after all. He can sell them for any price he wants, using any marketplace he pleases, and if people are willing to pay top dollar for them .... so be it. Who are we to say how and where he can sell his parts?

Mikec265

I'm going to put myself out on a ledge here a little bit, but let the guy sell parts as he wishes. They are his parts after all. He can sell them for any price he wants, using any marketplace he pleases, and if people are willing to pay top dollar for them .... so be it. Who are we to say how and where he can sell his parts?
I agree. I also don't want to pay much more than retail, but they are his parts from his business. My 2 semi trucks haul chemicals for way more than the average price. If I had to come down to average rates I couldn't afford to do it.
I would be willing to pay retail, plus 10%, plus shipping for a complete set of plastic and subframe. No bs and I'd even take a Honda front plate and fender out of appreciation.
Thank you for trying to sell us parts however you choose. Don't let one ignorant guy ruin it for the rest of us.

Mark911

I think ebay is the fairest (assuming no shill bidders). Otherwise, it'll be all about knowing when an item will hit the store and we'll all be fixated at constantly checking. Not a good way to spend your free time (or work . . . . ). Great for the Forum, however. At least with auctions you have a few days window to work with.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think ebay is the fairest (assuming no shill bidders). Otherwise, it'll be all about knowing when an item will hit the store and we'll all be fixated at constantly checking. Not a good way to spend your free time (or work . . . . ). Great for the Forum, however. At least with auctions you have a few days window to work with.
In defense of the AOF Store, it is not any more time consuming than eBay.

But I agree with TCMB371 and privateer703 -- Michael should sell his parts any way he sees fit. Disregard the occasional remorseful buyer, or offer a 30-day money back guarantee.

Mark911

Phil, the transaction time isn't any more time consuming of course. But I can put "lookouts" in ebay that'll notify me if a certain item(s) comes up for bid and I typically don't need to act on that immediately as the auctions don't end for several days. With a storefront I might not know an item is up for sale unless I check every minute. For items with massive supply I wouldn't care, there always be another. But if it's very limited supply the item could sell to someone constantly monitoring the storefront before I even get a chance to look.
If the AOF offers this option then you are correct and I'd be perfectly happy :).

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Phil, the transaction time isn't any more time consuming of course. But I can put "lookouts" in ebay that'll notify me if a certain item(s) comes up for bid and I typically don't need to act on that immediately as the auctions don't end for several days. With a storefront I might not know an item is up for sale unless I check every minute. For items with massive supply I wouldn't care, there always be another. But if it's very limited supply the item could sell to someone constantly monitoring the storefront before I even get a chance to look.
If the AOF offers this option then you are correct and I'd be perfectly happy :).
Got it.

I am going to enable an automatic new thread creation when a new item is posted in the store. Post that thread in the AOF Store sub-forum. Subscribe to watch the AOF Store sub-forum and you will get email notifications as soon as a new product is created.

Top Bottom