For Sale Parts now available for sale

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
I finally got some auctions posted up over the weekend, thanks for the patience. We had a bit more demand than anticipated, and struggled on how to price the items, or prioritize the requests. Eventually decided that folks don't want to wait anymore and we'll let the market decide the value and listed everything for $0.99. (other than a spare inverter and fork)

Link to eBay Auctions

We do have a few more less important bits that we'll be adding over the coming days. Also, there are multiple auctions for parts that we have more than one of, and the other auctions automatically list when the previous item sells (or so eBay says...)

We will combine shipping for anyone buying multiple items, and will ship internationally as well.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
As a clarification the throttle you have posted for sale is for the older (MY17) bikes. All SMs and EXs and R based bikes have the throttle board living inside the inverter.

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
As a clarification the throttle you have posted for sale is for the older (MY17) bikes. All SMs and EXs and R based bikes have the throttle board living inside the inverter.
Thanks! I was hoping someone would clarify this. I haven't seen this style yet.

Do you think it will work on late model bikes if the board is removed and a 6 pin Deutsch connecter is installed?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Thanks! I was hoping someone would clarify this. I haven't seen this style yet.

Do you think it will work on late model bikes if the board is removed and a 6 pin Deutsch connecter is installed?

Possibly, but that will require a bit of work of cutting out the throttle board, and reconnecting. I believe the connector on the newer throttles is a JST. Also you may have to lengthen the throttle cable.

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
Will there be any indication in the auctions when it is the last part available?
If eBay works well as long as there are bids the auctions should auto re-list for the quantity of parts, but we can answer any questions about quantity because I'm not sure if we set up eBay correctly.

Mark911

What's the "throttle board" do and why did it get relocated? My 17MX throttle signal goes to the ACM not the inverter.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
There were issues with the throttle board which caused that part to be moved into the inverter. Early build MX bikes need that throttle. 80 to 90 of the Alta population use the current throttle.

Mark911

I've got one of those early models and would like to upgrade to the "quick turn" throttle. Are all the QT throttles of the "current" design?

Silent But Dirty

Alta North

@AltaWest it looks like this throttle I got from you is for the newer models. Would you be able to take it back in exchange for one of the ones shown in your ebay listing? I have a 2017 MX, and didn't realize the throttle was different.

Mark911

That sucks! Looks like I'm SOL using a newer QT throttle. Unless there's a way to recalibrate the system using software. Throttle at zero, hit "set" wide open, hit "set", system interpolates everything in between, done. I guess I could move the Alta Throttle somewhere in the frame and activate it through a standard aftermarket quick turn cable throttle. The bike wouldn't know any difference and the part that everyone worries about breaking would be better protected. A win-win! Glad I just thought of it.

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
@AltaWest it looks like this throttle I got from you is for the newer models. Would you be able to take it back in exchange for one of the ones shown in your ebay listing? I have a 2017 MX, and didn't realize the throttle was different.

I can't end the listing since there is already bids on it (sorry), eBay limits this a bit more now. But I would be willing to refund your money since you can't use the throttle. Let me know what you want to do.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
So who's the shill bidder for the items AltaWest listed for auction? New account, 37 bids today, zero feedback, zero purchase history, 100% of his bids with the same seller gceo. Smells foul to me.

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
So who's the shill bidder for the items AltaWest listed for auction? New account, 37 bids today, zero feedback, zero purchase history, 100% of his bids with the same seller gceo. Smells foul to me.
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I'm on it, and won't allow this to happen. I will allow bidders with no eBay history if they identify themselves and show they are a legitimate Alta owner.

Also, this isn't the last Alta parts sale. They are the last parts I'll be selling for a while, but there is more stuff out there, just be patient. Don't go crazy and overbid.

Cheers.

Mark911

Those kind of prices will only encourage someone to offer an alternative. For example, it would be EASY to splash a mold for the side number plates and then start producing them in fiberglass or carbon fiber. At $200 a set (ebay price) it leaves lots of room for a much lower price. All the other plastic parts could be done the same way, but making the mold(s) would be a bit more time consuming.

Matt

E-Rider
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I'm on it, and won't allow this to happen. I will allow bidders with no eBay history if they identify themselves and show they are a legitimate Alta owner.

Also, this isn't the last Alta parts sale. They are the last parts I'll be selling for a while, but there is more stuff out there, just be patient. Don't go crazy and overbid.

Cheers.
I was bidding and don't have ebay history. I only had bid on a couple though.

Top Bottom