No Trip Meter? (A cell phone mount option)

F451

To add insult to injury, (and if I remember correctly), the FW update releasing the trip meter was almost ready when we shut down...

Well, now you're killing me here, Lol.

No trip meter, a "first world problem" for me for sure. People losing their livelihood, especially after investing so much heart and soul, that's a real and very unfortunate problem. I will try to keep it in perspective.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe someone could write add-ons and updates and sell them to us? There are aftermarket seats, fenders, lights, why not the firmware? This is how most Mercedes/BMW/Audi/Porsche tuners earn their living -- flash in their own performance firmware into customer cars.

TriumphTwins

Someone should make a cell phone holder to be placed over the standard screen.
I'm a day late to the party but I had this exact thought. Here is my 3D printed 'LCD protector' with an add on iPhone holder. I can call up a GPS app or a dedicated speedometer app as needed. If I need to see the battery level I just flip it up for a quick check every now and then and snap it back down and keep going.

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

snydes

Staff member

TriumphTwins

Thanks! I have the files for the LCD protector bottom 2 pcs. on 'Thingiverse' if anyone wanted the print files. I don't have the iphone holder part on there but if anyone's interested I could add them on this site (I think??) or to the thingiverse page.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I'm a day late to the party but I had this exact thought. Here is my 3D printed 'LCD protector' with an add on iPhone holder. I can call up a GPS app or a dedicated speedometer app as needed. If I need to see the battery level I just flip it up for a quick check every now and then and snap it back down and keep going.

View attachment 2951

View attachment 2952

View attachment 2953

View attachment 2954

View attachment 2955

View attachment 2956

I love this! Exactly what I was looking for!

F451

I totally agree!!

Here is a link to the thingiverse page with the old (LCD protector only) print files. I'll update the page later today with the extra files for the iPhone holder when I get a chance.

Wow! And thank you for sharing!

But I think your thingiverse page link is not working, at least I'm not seeing it in my browser.

And I'm glad I posted this thread as originally I was hesitant to ask a question that had been addressed on the forum already, but I just had to get additional confirmation that there was still no trip meter function on the Altas. Of course everyone was very nice about it and answered my questions, and it spurred some additional good info that was shared.

Now TT drops this awesome bomb on us. Just goes to show you never know what you will learn when you ask a simple question.

And TT, I sold my '73 Bonneville 750 about a year ago, missing it! -Ed

IMG_2344e-M.jpg

Motophyllic

I take a picture of my odometer at the beginning of my ride one at the end to get my trip mileage.