Engine number location ?

I'd argue it's all above board, analogous to say, building your own car, or a gun, for that matter. You can create any serial (surreal?) number you want, for those particulars, so long as it's novel in comparison to all the other cars/guns, you've built.

Why?

d88fcfcb10c6fdaaf8f4e909ee778d07.jpg

That's why (not you, the DMV).

Swank171

Might as well avoid DMV altogether and slam a fake green sticker then or not have a sticker at all bullshitting the park rangers every time saying it’s “in process”.

I’ll give DMV one last try with a generic part number.
Just make sure you have a spark arrestor so they have something to put that stick into.

dpwracing

Just got a reply from Stark Future. Turns out engine number not being visible is only a part of the issue. There’s no unique engine number at all on Vargs.

“SMX1-PT-CS-01” from the screenshot above is a part number which is the same for every bike. Stark Future claims that someone succeeded by using the part number and is suggesting me trying the same.

Based on my experience this will not fly with the DMV inspector I talked to…
That was me. But, I made an appointment with CHP for the inspection. DMV employees won't be helpful. The officer that did the inspection was understanding and wrote in the engine part number I gave him. See this thread Certificate of Origin for DMV

jokerio

Just got a reply from Stark Future. Turns out engine number not being visible is only a part of the issue. There’s no unique engine number at all on Vargs.

“SMX1-PT-CS-01” from the screenshot above is a part number which is the same for every bike. Stark Future claims that someone succeeded by using the part number and is suggesting me trying the same.

Based on my experience this will not fly with the DMV inspector I talked to…
Wrong, there is a unique engine number on all Varg's, (You just can't see it). I had to email Stark with my frame "VIN" number, and it took several days but they did finally get back to me with my engine number. (It's going to be an 8 digit number beginning with the letter "M") The other (visible) number is the part/casting number (that is the same on all) Keep after them and you will get it !

Top Bottom