Did you keep your old bike?

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I'm wondering if I should keep my KLX250 or trade it in to lower the cost of the new alta. How many of you kept an ICE bike when you bought your alta and do you ride them much anymore? If cost wasn't a concern than this question doesn't really apply. I don't race so having a separate race bike isn't important to me. I do ride when I go camping so having the ICE bike for when I don't have a generator would be nice (also nice to have something for friends to ride since I'm the only rider when we go camping), but otherwise I only trail ride for short periods (less than 25 mi at a time). Part of me just wants to keep it, but those alta's are expensive and I probably won't ride the KLX much at all once I have the EXR. Also it might be hard to convince the wife I need it since I already have an '06 victory jackpot and a '00 sportster. "But honey, those are ROAD bikes, these are DIRT bikes. Totally different....."
I sold my CRF250 to help bankroll the EXR. No regrets, I have a funny feeling that your KLX250 will just sit around and do nothing once you get your Alta.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Wow! I now regret not buying a nearby property with 10 acres of land, a little lake, and a pole barn. I didn't like the smaller house, and I didn't think I would be allowed to ride dirt bikes there because the silent Alta motorcycles were not around back then. But if I had a plenty of storage, I too would probably had kept a few more bikes and cars.

But my optimal number is still in low single digits. There are costs associated with keeping every vehicle, and I cannot ride/drive them all anyway. My heart hurts to see good bikes and cars sitting collecting dust, rusting away, if you live in a humid climate. I'd rather let someone else ride them and not have the responsibility of managing and maintaining such a vehicle harem! :LOL:
I thinks its important to note machines just sitting around is just plain sad. If I was retired, I would not hesitate to have 3 bikes. I would make sure they all got used weekly. Until I retire, only going to have a motorcycle ( ALTA EXR) and my electric bicycle.

Mikec265

I don't think I will part with my 05 RM250.
My steel RM chassis with a KX500 will be kept forever.
I would like an RM125 to go with them.
I did part with my KLX110 only to buy a new Chinese pitbike that blows it away with a little change left in my pocket.
The Alta is my favorite, but I have fun with them all since I work from home which allows me the time to do so on my own track.

Reactions: Rix