2019 EXR. Hello. I'm Ben and . . .

metallic88

I'm lucky as I have had a lot of good luck with NOT needing warranty work on my things.

I agree, I don't think the dealer I had visited yesterday would mind that I bought from somewhere and brought it to them for warranty. I had even forgotten or didn't even take into account that there might even be a warranty at all and to see that the drivetrain is for 2 years/24 months, like, wow! That is very comforting. I think that they could understand and like most businesses, they want future business.

What a problem to have, too much demand and not enough supply.

ive been the same way, but the manager at my local dealer was something else over me buying mine from another dealer, and having them do the firmware updates.

BenEXR

It is the hard part with the people at the dealers/shops that get "that" way when we don't buy from them for whatever reason.

BenEXR

I had, after going for a test ride, then putting down two deposits at two different places, having a nice low interest loan all lined up, ready to withdraw a down payment and go and sign papers for the $$$ Saturday morning then going to the coast to pick up the bike, I decided at the last minute that right now I really do not need two dual sport bikes.

I know, 100%, that either the same or down the road either an updated/upgraded or, an entire new electric dual sport is going to come out and when it does, I'll be in line again as I will have an electric dual sport sometime down the road.

Meanwhile, all I can do is what everyone else can do, sit back and see what happens. I still do want an EXR but just not at this time.

BenEXR

From when I had first realized that the only bike I would buy, from October 7, 2018 forward, was an electric dual sport motorcycle, and ideally, the 19 EXR, unfortunately, the company had to cease operations.

The quiet of the bike, I can only imagine all the places I could have ridden-and will hope to someday be able to ride, and of the quiet-all the time, of a nice, running, electric bike. Every now and then I think of the Zero dual sport but nah, way too much street in them still. I just can't go with one until it gets more dirt-oriented.

While I was deconstructing my ICE Beta 500 RR-S, and re-installing the 2018 Camso DTS 129 snowbike kit, I thought of how nice it would be if I did NOT have to ever swap parts back and forth and I could just put one bike away and go right to riding the other and still, for all the other dual sports out there including the Beta 500 RR-S, the only bike I will consider is the EXR.

It is just that with the company closed-unknown if for good or not and if for "good", there is no way I could get one and keep it running, even with help from y'all. Some things need a dealer/shop to fix/repair. All I can hope is that sometime down the road, when the day comes and I don't want to ever swap a snowbike kit back and forth and can just get another dual sport, I hope that I don't have to get one with an Infernal Combustion Engine. I hope that Alta, or someone, comes out with a better version of the EXR and then sticks around till the end of my days and I'm then too old to ride of-road anyway. I hope but am still thankful as thankful can be today and forevermore.