Updated Manual

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Thanks for the notice. Great news that the new version is posted. Thank you ALTA.

And yes, I am one of those people who reads and references an owners manual. I actually have the full shop manuals for most of my bikes.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Nice work @datadog! I found a typo on page 11 with the max temp for storage of 600c. Also, would it be possible to add foot pounds beside the Nm torque settings?

View attachment 1212
NASA astronauts will be using ALTAs on the next lunar and extra-planetary missions so they needed a very wide temperature range. No need for those bulky and heavy rovers. Just add the wire mesh 'tires' and the EXR is ready to explore the solar system. :ricky:

snydes

Staff member
NASA astronauts will be using ALTAs on the next lunar and extra-planetary missions so they needed a very wide temperature range. No need for those bulky and heavy rovers. Just add the wire mesh 'tires' and the EXR is ready to explore the solar system. :ricky:
Imagine how light one would feel on the moon...

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
The manual linked above does have most service items outlined with removal/installation steps and torque specs, etc. It is actually quite thorough.

It doesn’t have any of the stuff that you would do with MultiTool in the software, but we have that covered in other posts.

If you are looking for the section on carb rebuilds, timing chain adjustment, or valve replacement that you would find in most service manuals, then you have the wrong bike!

Nitropolitan

The manual linked above does have most service items outlined with removal/installation steps and torque specs, etc. It is actually quite thorough.

It doesn’t have any of the stuff that you would do with MultiTool in the software, but we have that covered in other posts.

If you are looking for the section on carb rebuilds, timing chain adjustment, or valve replacement that you would find in most service manuals, then you have the wrong bike!
Hahaha, I’m just used to seeing service intervals for so many different things. Being my first lightning scooter, I want to make sure I make it last as long as possible.
on my ICE bikes. I over-maintain them, because it’s easier to play in the shop than it is to find somewhere to ride. The Alta changes that significantly.
Thank you!

Nitropolitan

Also, C5tor, is there any reason I need to have software or tech things like that? My modifications will be little more than a skidplate and hand guards to keep the sticks away.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Also, C5tor, is there any reason I need to have software or tech things like that? My modifications will be little more than a skidplate and hand guards to keep the sticks away.
I assume your question is whether you need the MultiTool software? I guess that’s up to you. If you aren’t having any issues at the moment, then you probably don’t need it. If you want to take a look at the state of your battery or check the firmware version, then it might be a good idea to at least build a laptop with the software. If you would like to see what the software can do, we have a few videos on the subject.

How-To : Install and Use Alta Multitool Software

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
The multi-tool is a nice to have, but not really needed unless something goes wrong.

And if you like tinkering with your bike, this isn't the bike for you... I have 2700miles and 150 hrs on mine now, all I have done is oil the chain, replaced the rear tire and charged the battery.