Ty Tremaine To Race Redshift EXR In 2018 Endurocross Series

bluefxstc

This is where my recently acquired knowledge ends, haha. With a proper battery management system, is 9C still safe?

Absolutely. I regularly draw 3C out of the Lifepo4 batteries in my car and have seen them go as high as 10C (1800A out of a 180AH cell) when shorted out. That was just a test, but it did it for a couple of minutes and actually turned a 1 inch wrench red hot and bent it from the current, but the cells will do it, and the cell chemistry in an Alta is much more capable than Lifepo4. You also have to remember that it is not a constant current draw. They are only pulling full power for something like a second and then letting off or going into regen. Probably not good for cell life, but it is a factory bike so who cares. All it has to do is last the race and that is not a problem, it can probably last a season easily. What a manufacture will accept as far as maintenance and product life on a factory race bike is much different than what they will accept in a production bike so good on Alta for exploring the full capability of the bike.