The Storm Bee is out!

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Someone ask lunacycle? Aren't they the sole distributor of sur-ron usa?
When we asked a few months ago, they said they weren't interested in carrying the bigger street bikes. Too much liability. Not sure if they have changed their minds at this point.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
When we asked a few months ago, they said they weren't interested in carrying the bigger street bikes. Too much liability. Not sure if they have changed their minds at this point.
I sent an email to Luna today to check if they would be carrying the Storm Bee. They responded that they have “no information about unreleased products.“

bayodome

Very in depth video. I wish it was in English but the YT subtitles are surprisingly good. You can at least get the gist of what he's talking about...although the translations are get questionable at times...

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 1.07.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 1.08.08 PM.png

:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still it was interesting to see how the Turbo button works (It clicks on and stays on. I was under the impression it had to be held down when in use). The trigger on the front of the instrument cluster on the left side is actually for ASR, which does look like it needs to be depressed continuously for use.

Thanks for sharing! Storm Bee looks fast enough for some good times!

Very in depth video. I wish it was in English but the YT subtitles are surprisingly good. You can at least get the gist of what he's talking about...although the translations are get questionable at times...

View attachment 5965
View attachment 5966

:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still it was interesting to see how the Turbo button works (It clicks on and stays on. I was under the impression it had to be held down when in use). The trigger on the from of the instrument cluster on the left side is actually for ASR, which does look like it needs to be depressed continuously for use.

Thanks for sharing! Storm Bee looks fast enough for some good times!

that’s hilarious

metallic88

Is your map 4 broken??
I can't imagine quicker throttle response than map 4, but I don't race so I don't really get it.
no its not, but i use all the power of my 450 as well so its not as quick as i like, i grew up on 2 strokes that would put you on your back throttle response also, so im an exception lol. and most of my rides i barely get 50 minuted out of the battery all in map 4, i cant stand map 1-3 lol but id like more Regen in map 4

F451

no its not, but i use all the power of my 450 as well so its not as quick as i like, i grew up on 2 strokes that would put you on your back throttle response also, so im an exception lol. and most of my rides i barely get 50 minuted out of the battery all in map 4, i cant stand map 1-3 lol but id like more Regen in map 4

Is it the throttle response? Or the power? Both?

My '18 MXR has the best throttle response of any bike I've ever ridden. Its basically instant and very easy to modulate. One of my favorite things about my Alta. Been riding all kinds of 4 st's and 2 st's my whole life so I've had some good sampling.

I've ridden a few dirt bikes over the years that felt more powerful, but never with this instant and super accurate throttle response.

metallic88

Is it the throttle response? Or the power? Both?

My '18 MXR has the best throttle response of any bike I've ever ridden. Its basically instant and very easy to modulate. One of my favorite things about my Alta. Been riding all kinds of 4 st's and 2 st's my whole life so I've had some good sampling.

I've ridden a few dirt bikes over the years that felt more powerful, but never with this instant and super accurate throttle response.

imo its throttle response (the power is easy to modulate like you said though)but the power doesnt seem to come on quick unless you whip the throttle which my gassers are instant from quarter throttle and the alta signs off around 60 and the throttle really doesnt do much from 60 to 70mph and ive road and owned a few mx and mxrs, but the mxr is much better but still has a delay imo. but regearing my mxr helped alittle as well. but my mxr doesnt have the throttle response of my kx450, thats why i was bumed when there was no 2020 mxr i was hoping it would have been better.

snydes

Staff member
Interesting. I’m guessing it was in “turbo”:rolleyes:. My first thought about that feature was it probably would over stress some component of the bike if used all the time.