The Storm Bee is out!

F451

And this recent review from Switzerland, its looking decent. I'm very interested on how it performs off road, range, and riding time. No delivery date yet.

mr.skywalker

Ive watched a few vids from silent enduro a while back and it seems a bit underwhelming for true enduro riding. Light trails and dual sport style riding it seems good. I think the best way to look at it is a budget but way more offroad oriented competitor of the zero fx as they are almost identical in weight but the surron has a chain and knobbies with better looking ergos. The riding in this video does really show its downsides like the over intrusive traction control and seemingly low power(compared to the diy conversions silentenduro guys build)

F451

Ive watched a few vids from silent enduro a while back and it seems a bit underwhelming for true enduro riding. Light trails and dual sport style riding it seems good. I think the best way to look at it is a budget but way more offroad oriented competitor of the zero fx as they are almost identical in weight but the surron has a chain and knobbies with better looking ergos. The riding in this video does really show its downsides like the over intrusive traction control and seemingly low power(compared to the diy conversions silentenduro guys build)

Did you watch the David Knight video? He really likes it. The riding he's doing on it looks fairly gnarly. It looks way more capable then a Zero FX.

From what I've been learning about the Storm Bee it looks like a budget Alta. Not as powerful, not as much range, about the same weight, not as good suspension and brakes. But fairly capable for what it is, a cheaper version of the Alta.

Will be interesting once they start showing up for sale and we get real world reviews.

mr.skywalker

Did you watch the David Knight video? He really likes it. The riding he's doing on it looks fairly gnarly. It looks way more capable then a Zero FX.

From what I've been learning about the Storm Bee it looks like a budget Alta. Not as powerful, not as much range, about the same weight, not as good suspension and brakes. But fairly capable for what it is, a cheaper version of the Alta.

Will be interesting once they start showing up for sale and we get real world reviews.

I did which was a bit shocking after seeing the amateur guys having issues. Makes me wonder if surron is sponsoring him, the silentenduro guys bought the bike with their own money. Im sure a rider like Knight can make any bike look great.

The biggest turnoff for me is the actual weight of the storm bee is almost 10lbs more than the zero fx 7.2 (289 vs 299lbs). It still does look more capable offroad though as it doesnt have the awkward bar to seat to peg relationship of the zero.

I think it could be good but to me the emax looks better but I prefer smaller sized bikes

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
The biggest turnoff for me is the actual weight of the storm bee is almost 10lbs more than the zero fx 7.2 (289 vs 299lbs). It still does look more capable offroad though as it doesnt have the awkward bar to seat to peg relationship of the zero.

Where did you get the 299 lbs. figure? All the spec sheets I have seen say it is lighter than that. The off-road Storm Bee is supposed to weigh in at 118 kg (260 lb) while the street-legal version will tip the scales at 127 kg (280 lb).

Has the Storm Bee been sitting on the couch eating pork rinds and watching netflix during the pandemic?

mr.skywalker

Where did you get the 299 lbs. figure? All the spec sheets I have seen say it is lighter than that. The off-road Storm Bee is supposed to weigh in at 118 kg (260 lb) while the street-legal version will tip the scales at 127 kg (280 lb).

Has the Storm Bee been sitting on the couch eating pork rinds and watching netflix during the pandemic?

Id have to do some digging but it was in a video by some of the silent enduro guys. they pulled it out the crate and put it on the scale. I'll see if I can find it but i remember that it was bordeline or just a few lbs over 300. I was really disapointed. It was the street legal version so I know the offroad one will be a little less but they like to down estimate weights unfortunately

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
ok, so found the video, it was 289lbs(131kg) not sure why i thought it was more
They probably weighed it with a full tank of electrons. What does a gallon of electrons weigh these days?

Actually, it looks like they got 131kg (289 lbs.) with it sitting on a stand. Not sure how much the stand weighs, but that sounds like the difference from the specs.

F451

Not sure if everyone can see this, since it is on Facebook, but Geoff Ballard raced the Storm Bee, and compares it to the KTM E-XC and Alta.

https://fb.watch/3RQ8yiF7oD/

Interesting.

And I’ve never heard of him, guess I was living under a (Aussie) rock: 12 ISDE medals, 3 US national offroad titles, I think he knows what he’s talking about. Interesting that both he and David Knight really like the Storm Bee.

Ballard's Offroad Race Team & History | MXstore

schwankl

Ya I don't think the team that designed or engineered this bike were serious riders. Sure they have marketing $ to get some reviews...wonder how they were compensated.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Ya I don't think the team that designed or engineered this bike were serious riders. Sure they have marketing $ to get some reviews...wonder how they were compensated.
Give me a free bike or two, I will probably say nice things about it. Go ahead, try!

schwankl

That's just another sponsored review. When he is talking about the alta he calls it heavy. The MXR is 1lb less than the storm bee. Its basically a facebook ad, vertical video...about as informative as reading sur ron marketing ad.

F451

So David Knight and Geoff Ballard are being paid to provide positive reviews of the Storm Bee?

Seriously?

Is it possible they actually like the bike? The riding vids look legit to me. The bikes are doing what dirt bikes do.

For the skeptics, what in the vids is not legit?