Subframe Crack. Worth Replacing?

JW884

IMG_20201213_154417.jpg
So before I had the suspension revalved I went for a jump in mode 1 instead of 2 by accident and cased it:muutt: not my brightest move. Didn't even fall but I know it wouldn't have been that bad on my other bike or correct suspension. Is this crack worth replacing it? It doesn't go all the way through, only what you can see here. I have a spare subframe here but I was hoping to keep it as a spare.

F451

I would be tempted to try some 2 part epoxy on that area, being careful with the prep and curing (somewhere warm and dry). Then test ride it a few times and see how it goes. Maybe take it easy on the jumping and build up to your normal jumps carefully checking it as you go?

If mine ever fails, I'm going to look into having a KTM aluminum subframe welded on to the Alta factory subframe mounting brackets, switch over the rear plastics while I'm at it.

I would definitely try some epoxy on the crack above where you drill a hole to limit propagation. But you might want to pick up a spare. Not sure how many are left but I'm sure they won't be available forever.