Street Legal Parts - Brake Light Banjo Switches

Torqu3

I picked up my Varg a few weeks ago. I'm registering dual sport so I don't run into any issues while traveling on roads between trails. Luckily in Mass I had no issue with the off road designation on the certificate of origin, got a street plate with no problem. Now I need to get the right gear mounted to make it street legal. I have to get my off-road registration stickers next, that's also no problem.

I'm in the process of selecting parts for a separate battery powered light, blinker, brake light, and horn set up. Most of this is fairly easy and more about picking parts that you like the look and performance of.

The issue I'm running into is with the brake light switches. The front brake master cylinder uses a M10x1.0 banjo bolt. Those seem very easy to find with a pressure switch for pretty short money, $20 or less it looks like. The rear handbrake looks to have a M8x1.0 banjo bolt and the only switch I have been able to find is shipped from England and is absurdly expensive for what it is, about $100. Any suggestions or alternatives?

rear:
Brake Light Switch Hydraulic M8X1mm Banjo Bolt For KTM Freeride 350 4T 12-17 | eBay

front:
Motorcycle Rear Hydraulic Brake Light Switch Banjo Bolt M10x1.25 M10x1.00 | eBay

control:
Amazon.com

Any DOT headlight recommendations are welcome as well. I was thinking something like this, but I haven't decided yet.
Motorcycle Dual Projector Headlight | Number Plate Style |

Still deciding on the battery up which partially depends which headlight and desired run time. I could do something simple with a basic RC car battery pack and an accessible charge plug or possibly wire in a low current battery charger to run off of the low voltage DC system without overloading it.

Torqu3

Thanks for that. I watched it a while back but forgot there were so many specifics in there. That KTM microswitch for the front brake is exactly what I was looking for, cheaper than the banjo switch too.

Foss

FWIW, any modifications not approved by Stark Future could potentially void your warranty. Just throwing that out there for others in the community who may care about this. This company is new and we have yet to see many battery and motor issues. Plus it is safe to say there is a very small amount of people who could rebuild/troubleshoot the motor and battery. We also know starks VCU data logs and pushes content to their servers.

Wass mentioned other variations of the Varg in the next coming months. So these parts may be ordered in time in Starks website which would be fair game.

Torqu3

Yeah it's a good point although I'm pretty sure mine is going to be completely independent of the stark electrical system, just bolted on lights and battery.

Foss

Yeah it's a good point although I'm pretty sure mine is going to be completely independent of the stark electrical system, just bolted on lights and battery.
Yea if you can relay it in a way to an independent battery not tied to stark system you may be able to avoid any data logging in power levels

Torqu3

I wanted to update that it looks like I won't need to use banjo bolt pressure switches. Both the front and rear hand brakes have provisions for micro switches. The less failure points in the brake pressure system the better in my opinion, I'll go the microswitch route. I'll confirm fit when they arrive but they are KTM parts for the electric freeride.

Left side rear brake: KTM part number 70011050000
Right side front brake: KTM part number 50311050100