Raced the National Enduro

WoodsWeapon

Yesterday I raced the national enduro in Indiana on my KTM, It was almost 5 hours and 70 miles long. At the lunch/fuel stop I noticed a 17 MX, as evidenced by the yellow plastic going out to start test 4. At that point we would have been around 30 miles and 2.5 hours in. I didnt get a chance to talk to the racer on it, and looked for him at the end, but couldnt find him. I cant believe anybody would even try such a long event, but Id like to ask him some questions.

wilkins

Just got back from TSCEC event in Houston. I'm riding 2019 mxr and new to the group. I was able to ride in 2-3 for 29.5 miles and got to gas stop with 1 bar left. Had 33min to charge bike on 220v generator and only got another 8 miles out of bike. Was pretty happy about getting through 4 test section before had to stop. I ride 40 plus masters A. Racing GP this weekend 1.5 hours hope bike makes it with my riding style.

Fod

Just got back from TSCEC event in Houston. I'm riding 2019 mxr and new to the group. I was able to ride in 2-3 for 29.5 miles and got to gas stop with 1 bar left. Had 33min to charge bike on 220v generator and only got another 8 miles out of bike. Was pretty happy about getting through 4 test section before had to stop. I ride 40 plus masters A. Racing GP this weekend 1.5 hours hope bike makes it with my riding style.
Nice! So what bike are you coming off of?!?!

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I know its easier said than done, but keeping momentum, and not using a point and shoot style is the key to longevity.

This is absolutely true! As a matter of fact, it goes the same for road racing. Keeping the momentum up is so important for elapsed time, as well as conserving the battery on the Alta.

strider

Well this is good news. I'm a new rider but I'm looking at Cross-Country/Hare Scrambles as my first step into competition. From what I can read, my local CC Group (occra.com) runs 1.5 hour races so I should have no problem doing that, especially at my pace.