ALTA WINS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

JW884

Big week for electric riders around here this week. First with @TCMB371 's Stark test ride which seemed awesome! Can't wait to hear the report on it. And I just came back from the AMA Arenacross National Championship in Lexington KY where I believe I got the first ever AMA championship on a full sized electric motorcycle! If anyone knows of another one please correct me. Went there thinking I would wrap up one east coast title and left with 3 titles in all! Came down to the last moto with a winner take all between me and one kid from SoCal. I got the start and led a couple laps and then he closed in on me then crashed on the double before the whoops and I crashed seconds later at the end of the whoops and scrambled to get going again! I finished the race but unfortunately he DNFed with a broken foot. Not the way I wanted it to go since we had good battles all weekend, but it's all part of the sport. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have a national title. All on a 2017 Alta MX
2023 AMA Amateur Arenacross CollegeBoy National Champion
2023 AMA Amateur Arenacross East Coast CollegeBoy Champion
2023 AMA Amateur Arenacross East Coast 450B Champion

PXL_20230402_201520660.MP.jpg

PXL_20230403_035134755.jpg

JW884

Thank you guys! I appreciate it a lot. And @rayivers I edited it to clarify it's the amateur championship. So they actually have all the regular AMA classes! From 50cc and up to Vet 30+/40+/50+ classes

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats, Jason! Well done!

And thank you for all the videos showing all the work that you put into this. You have really earned all these #1 plates!

JW884

Thank you @Philip ! Glad you enjoy them! I think it's fun to make the videos just as something to fulfill the creative side and I know I'll love to look back on them in the future. I appreciate it!

racer726

The current AMA amateur rule book states that full size ebikes can't race with gas bikes unless it is in the supplemental rules. Is this in the arenacross rule book? My local series told me ebikes are not allowed in any class with gas bikes. It's a bunch of crap.

1699560657770.png

JW884

@racer726 At each Arenacross round I raced, I asked the AMA official that was on site if I could race my Alta MX in all my classes (Collegeboy, B/C Open, & 450B) with all virtually being open displacement classes. They saw no issue with it and allowed me to race. Also, they were fairly low turnout events so that could have played a factor it in. At the local races, I race in 450B and Open B, and never had a single promoter complain. I try to stay away from the 250 class to avoid the conflict (even though I have only 40HP). Pretty much everyone I race finds it cool too. No one has ever been mad or disliked me racing against them on the bike

ax classes.PNG