Pro Motocross 2018

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Roczen is the best with no B.S. interviews. He gives credit when it's due, and admits defeat when he has a bad day. Those 450 races were pretty exciting this week!
My girlfriend likes Roczen the most because he is very personable during interviews. She took pictures with him at Red Bud this year and two years ago. Tomac had a terrible day at Red Bud this year, his whole team left early, she didn't understand why he didn't stay longer to celebrate with the fans.

snydes

Staff member
My girlfriend likes Roczen the most because he is very personable during interviews. She took pictures with him at Red Bud this year and two years ago. Tomac had a terrible day at Red Bud this year, his whole team left early, she didn't understand why he didn't stay longer to celebrate with the fans.

I couldn’t even get close to Roczen at Budds Creek back in 2016 (line was too big), but I did get this guys autograph!

B0EECEF4-379E-4F23-AC06-1871D379E3EE.jpeg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
We also shook hands with Tomac, Roczen, and had a chat with Roger DeCoster and wished him a happy birthday (this Tuesday).

When I started watching motocross in the 1980's Roger DeCoster was the Team Honda manager. Most of the fastest riders were on Team Honda back then, so this must have imprinted in my brain.

We thanked Dr. G for taking care of our racers. I later wish I had asked him for an advice about my back, which was stiff and sore all day yesterday.

I do not know if I will be able to get anywhere close to the pits at MXoN. All the Gold/Silver tickets are sold, and they do not sell pit passes online, not sure whether they will have them for sale at the track. Keeping my fingers crossed.

snydes

Staff member
Another crazy race. A good battle there for a bit with mm25 and cw2. It will be interesting to see how they get along as teammates! I was actually pulling for Barcia, nice to see him get one, I think he deserved it. Really surprised how well Reed did! You put on old, proven (somewhat obsolete) mx’r on an old, proven (somewhat obsolete) bike and things just work well I guess! :p

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
People are joking next year Webb would be ordered to let Marv by.

Reed rode just as well as he did in Supercross. I guess he didn't need much training. I think he is trying to land some ambassador gig, and Suzuki is the only one he could hope for. I like how he said it to MXA: "If Villopoto can be an ambassador for Yamana, then anybody can be an ambassador for anybody."

snydes

Staff member
People are joking next year Webb would be ordered to let Marv by.

Reed rode just as well as he did in Supercross. I guess he didn't need much training. I think he is trying to land some ambassador gig, and Suzuki is the only one he could hope for. I like how he said it to MXA: "If Villopoto can be an ambassador for Yamana, then anybody can be an ambassador for anybody."

Yeah, I felt the same way about the Villopoto deal. I guess it’s what all the retirees do but I can’t get over seeing Villopoto on a Yamaha or (and especially) McGrath on a Kawi. Just seems wrong. At least Reed had success on a Suzuki.

Top Bottom