Pro Motocross 2018

snydes

Staff member
I’m guessing there might be a few others here who are following the pro motocross scene, so I thought I’d start a thread if anyone cared to discuss it.

I have to share this perfect shot from Unadilla... wasn’t a Barcia fan until this year. He seemed to grow up a little after loosing his factory deal and having to go about it on his own (even though relatively briefly). Currently not really keen on Webb, and apparently neither was Barcia!

F05374C3-1770-4D22-BFBB-758E2272D71B.jpeg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Pro Motocross is one of the pinnacles of the sport. They will have an Alta there sooner or later. In the meantime, there is a plenty to enjoy and learn from these guys.

I am a huge fan. Went to Red Bud for the last three years. Will go again for the MXoN in October. And will go to the Ironman National in Indiana next week.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I started to like Barcia too now. He has matured as a racer and a person.

Tomac is my favorite. Not because he is winning now, but because three years ago I saw him wheel-tapping through that whole long Daytona whoop section, lap after lap after lap. That just blew my mind! So I started following him.

snydes

Staff member
I am still waiting to see the official MXoN entry list. I do not think the FIM are thrilled about Ronny Mac racing for Puerto Rico, LOL!

I think given the arrangement of them doing it to help Puerto Rico they will let some things slide that perhaps they normally wouldn’t.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I have to share this perfect shot from Unadilla...
View attachment 818
Oh, I just zoomed in to see. A perfect shot!

Webb had been quite forceful in his 250 days, but he was also fast back then, so it was sort of okay. Now on a 450 he is slow but he still tries to block and bully other riders. His only recent publicity has been about getting in dog fights with Roczen, Tomac and now Barcia (again). I wonder where he will be going next year, as I think two mediocre 450 seasons is not what Yamaha was hoping for when they signed him up.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
My theory is that Ronnie Mac is just a publicity stunt to raise money for the fundraiser, and i support that. I think as we get closer, we'll hear a judgement from the FIM along the lines of "We wont let Ronnie Mac ride" and then someone like Mike Brown will swoop in as a fill in and everyone will rejoice.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I hope the FIM would become scared of potentially being a accused of racism for now allowing Team Puerto Rico and keep their mouths shut. LOL!

They shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against Puerto Rico or the rednecks of the world.

WoodsWeapon

Webb will go to RedBull KTM next year, its a certainty. Although I cant imagine why Roger wants to deal with all that drama at his age. Hes too old for that shit.
The other issue with Webb is the crowd hes currently hanging out with. I believe they are bringing him down, not quite to the level of flames yet, but down none the less.

snydes

Staff member
Apparently someone in that camp (RedBull KTM) sees some potential in Webb. I won't say I wouldn't ever be a fan of the kid, but he has to mature a bit before I start cheering for him. Should be interesting to see how Webb performs for them.

snydes

Staff member
I do feel as though he’s not a fan favorite right now. He lost me back in 2016 during MX when he made that bone headed retaliatory move on Savatgy that ended up breaking J-Marts ribs. There’s still hope, he’s just a kid. For now I’m not a fan.

snydes

Staff member
My theory is that Ronnie Mac is just a publicity stunt to raise money for the fundraiser, and i support that. I think as we get closer, we'll hear a judgement from the FIM along the lines of "We wont let Ronnie Mac ride" and then someone like Mike Brown will swoop in as a fill in and everyone will rejoice.

It sounds like that is mostly what happened. I’m hearing Ronnie Mac was given the thumbs down and K-Dub is going to take his spot.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I’m hearing Ronnie Mac was given the thumbs down and K-Dub is going to take his spot.
I will not be cheering for Pastrana and K-Dub. Pastrana has always been a showman, not a racer. And K-Dub has always been a slower top-5 rider, like Seely. And I do not even know who the third guy is.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Spoiler Alert !!!

What an amazing display of physical fitness by Tomac today. He got crappy starts, as usual, and still passed everyone on the last few laps. It must have been so hot and humid that Musquin and then Roczen hit the wall in their ability to maintain the pace. Not Tomac. Amazing.

Musquin, as usual, didn't answer a single question sincerely. Wouldn't even admit that he got tired. Roczen did.

snydes

Staff member
Spoiler Alert !!!

What an amazing display of physical fitness by Tomac today. He got crappy starts, as usual, and still passed everyone on the last few laps. It must have been so hot and humid that Musquin and then Roczen hit the wall in their ability to maintain the pace. Not Tomac. Amazing.

Musquin, as usual, didn't answer a single question sincerely. Wouldn't even admit that he got tired. Roczen did.

Roczen is the best with no B.S. interviews. He gives credit when it's due, and admits defeat when he has a bad day. Those 450 races were pretty exciting this week!

Fod

Oh man, Pastrana and Windam are some of my all time favorite riders to watch! They obviously are not in the same mental and physical shape as they were, but you got to admit they were very entertaining! KW is crazy fast except on Saturdays.

snydes

Staff member
Oh man, Pastrana and Windam are some of my all time favorite riders to watch! They obviously are not in the same mental and physical shape as they were, but you got to admit they were very entertaining! KW is crazy fast except on Saturdays.

It’s a great way for them to raise money for a charity. I know they aren’t going to win but I’ll be looking for them! You are right about K Dub, guy never got it together in racing but he’s was crazy talented!

Reactions: Fod
Top Bottom