New MX-R

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
(is there a way to link to & auto-display an online image?)
Yes, click the picture icon, and then the chain link icon:
1523731998420.png

On a PC you can also select/highlight any image in any browser, hit Ctrl-C (copy), then Ctrl-V (paste) when you want to paste it in your forum message.
On a Mac, the commands are Command-C (copy) and Command-V (paste), I think.
This Select-Copy-Paste works on smartphones too.

s-l225.jpg

Oded

Just as a side note, I checked the max speed on my EX (13/53 gear ratio If I am not mistaken) - It is 70mph.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The MX and MXR models have a 12/53 gearing. But the stock speedometer reports about 10% higher speed than the GPS speedometer does, at least on my MX it does. Perhaps it does not know which gearing the bike really has. And I should check my MXR top speed!

rayivers

the stock speedometer reports about 10% higher speed than the GPS speedometer does, at least on my MX it does. Perhaps it does not know which gearing the bike really has.

Zero's had this problem since the 2014 model year (earlier Zeros used Koso dash units with speed-calibration function). Maybe the Alta display unit has calibration capability too, but it's not mentioned in the '17 manual online.

Ray

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
In my experience, most motorcycle speedometers report 10% higher speeds. Not sure why they do it. It causes bikers to speed 20mph over and hurts the resale value.

Top Bottom