MXR dead this morning... (and now alive!)

Mark911

Philip, your problem isn't even cell related, DONT LET THE PACK GO as you'll regret it later. There's lots of diode fuses in the DC/DC downconverter which are easy to repair. All you need is an ohmmeter to check them. Hopefully it'll be something simple like that.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I am making a really good progress. Will be posting a longer update tonight or tomorrow.

Got parts from @ElectroBraap and a lot of help and guidance from our local geek crew (@schwankl , @TCMB371 , @Mark911 , @snydes , @OneLapper , @Rashid510 and his ex-Alta contacts). I am sorry if I forgot someone, too many people offered and provided help, which I really appreciate. Thank you, guys! You are amazing!

The battery and the bike are dead no more!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
You laugh. There was a concept for a U shaped saddle bag battery (one case half per side) discussed at one point early on. We never got around to developing the idea, but I always thought it had some legs.
Maybe if these saddle bags were low and more forward. Preferably around the main battery.

From a safety and stability standpoint, a heavy and hard-mounted luggage that is mounted high on the rear fender would upset the balance of the bike to the point where it is unsafe at high speeds. Even on big adventure bikes the limit for the top case cargo weight is just 10-15 kg. The best place to add weight on a bike is along the axis that goes from the steering column to the rear wheel's contact patch.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
A new BCU did the trick. I will be posting a detailed report with pictures tonight.
Now one less BCU in inventory :eek:

All kidding aside rather positive vibes you are back operational so quickly with regards to our “deleted file” already awesome to hear!
Thanks to all the helped get Phillips issue fixed!

Now to dig into the faulty part & do some backwards engineering ~~ but I’m sure your on top of that !
Ride well ~