For Sale Miscellaneous parts

Bionicvef

Yeah Ive been juggling taking full invintory of eveything and a couple other pressing issues Ll night but plan to have a list of what I have that I can identify as well as photos of them and if the items I’m not sure of what they are /go to . All parts I’m more than willing to let any Alta owner test out before making a offer and pay though pay pal so the transaction is more secure for them As well as if any issues arrive makes it easier for me to refund the money back in that case . I’m not trying to run a business I just had these parts pretty much fall into my lap by chance and figured their was going to be a bunch of owners who I’d rather attempt to get them extra parts then just drive to the scrap yard for a quick buck .

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
I have some of the raw cells so I’d definitely be interested in battery internals to see about building up a replacement module I need. Got a bad one in a 19 MXR.

Fod

I have way more than then what’s in the pics I’ve just been busy with doctor appointments everyday cause I had a peice I’d welding slag imbedded in my eye a day or two ago
Hope you heal up soon! I hear the eye heals very fast!

Mark911

Hope you heal up soon! I hear the eye heals very fast!
They're pretty resilient, but if it's got any iron in the slag it can actually RUST in your eye! That's where the trouble can start. Anyone who's worked with metal knows what I'm talking about. Hope that's not the case with Bionicvef.

Thank god I wear glasses. If not I'd probably be blind by now cause I'm terrible about safety glasses. Still got all my fingers too! (knock on wood).

Reactions: Fod

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I have some of the raw cells so I’d definitely be interested in battery internals to see about building up a replacement module I need. Got a bad one in a 19 MXR.

Well, there goes the belief that all the 2019 bikes were safe from battery problems. Is it the dreaded code 36?

Mark911

NO bike is immune to bad cells, contactors, or wire bonds. The likelihood is smaller in the packs that didn't have the latent defect(s) from the factory but there're all still vulnerable. Haven't heard of any electronic issues inside our packs but that's a concern as well going forward.

Mark911

Cool, what software are you using? The one module (mod 0) will probably never balance, the BMS simply can't make up that much in a reasonable time. When my pack sat for over 3 months two modules self discharged about .1V more than the other two. Even after multiple charge/discharge cycles it never got any better and only showed about 80% before cutting off the charge. I had to disassemble the pack again and using a separate charger bring those two modules back up to the same voltage (within .010V) of the higher modules. That worked great and I got back to 100% SOC after a normal charge cycle.

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
Cool, what software are you using? The one module (mod 0) will probably never balance, the BMS simply can't make up that much in a reasonable time. When my pack sat for over 3 months two modules self discharged about .1V more than the other two. Even after multiple charge/discharge cycles it never got any better and only showed about 80% before cutting off the charge. I had to disassemble the pack again and using a separate charger bring those two modules back up to the same voltage (within .010V) of the higher modules. That worked great and I got back to 100% SOC after a normal charge cycle.

I'm going to have to use a manual balancer, so I'll have to open the pack. Nice to be able to monitor it though and know that the error limit at 50mV is a pretty small delta, but the built in balancer doesn't pull enough current to really balance anything more than that.

We picked up some diagnostic laptops from a few dealers. This one happens to be running an engineering version.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I'm going to have to use a manual balancer, so I'll have to open the pack. Nice to be able to monitor it though and know that the error limit at 50mV is a pretty small delta, but the built in balancer doesn't pull enough current to really balance anything more than that.

We picked up some diagnostic laptops from a few dealers. This one happens to be running an engineering version.

I thought all the laptops were Lenovo's?

snydes

Staff member
This is the worst I've seen yet. 150 miles, 10 hours, 2019 MXR.

View attachment 2527

Yeah that looks terrible. I wonder if perhaps a code 36 pack that was returned from a warranty was hastily thrown into a bike that was on the line just to sell it. I'd certainly be checking those other bikes out very carefully. Look for the bar code on the top inside of the pack once you have it out and post a picture, that should tell the story.

snydes

Staff member
I have new parts for the battery packs as well as many other parts of the bike . I was able to get them during the the last weeks final packing up of the Brisbane Location . I do not have cells unfortunately those where sold last year . I have throttles , ignitions , displays , various circuit boards and parts of the battery assembly , a new frame and new motors as well . I got everything for a good price so I’m not going to ask anything outrages just what you think is fair and would rather the parts go to bike owners who need them then to the scrap yard

View attachment 2501

View attachment 2502

View attachment 2503

If there is ever any hope of rebuilding batteries, then those module honeycombs are going to be absolutely necessary as the cells are allegedly epoxied in. I hope they go to someone who can use them to blueprint and source replacements.

Mark911

It appears so. There's 21 bars to each module and 84 total bars. We know our batteries have 4 modules composed of 21 parallel groups of 6 18650 cells each, so that jives with the screenshot. So looking at the data that particular pack has BOTH module level imbalance and Parallel cell group imbalance within at least 2 modules. That's going to take bench level balancing at 4 volts and 84 volts. Should work if none of the individual cells are damaged or significantly degraded. Otherwise it'll just become imbalanced again pretty quickly.

Reactions: Fod

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
It appears so. There's 21 bars to each module and 84 total bars. We know our batteries have 4 modules composed of 21 parallel groups of 6 18650 cells each, so that jives with the screenshot. So looking at the data that particular pack has BOTH module level imbalance and Parallel cell group imbalance within at least 2 modules. That's going to take bench level balancing at 4 volts and 84 volts. Should work if none of the individual cells are damaged or significantly degraded. Otherwise it'll just become imbalanced again pretty quickly.

Yeah, we have chargers that can do 3-400V, so cell or module level balance we're covered.... I'd just rather be riding.

Bionicvef

Yeah I had my safety glasses on top of my head so close to where they need to be yeah the eye already healed up it was kind of funny and sad at the same time the doctor said Thr new scar will blend in with all the other ones I guess my left eye has a lot of damage from doing this in the past but getting it out on my own . But is the first time in my life I’ve had two doctors in the same day give me good news one for my eye and one for my shoulder . . I sold I believe eberyrhing I had to a member today also so I wish I had more parts but unfortunately dont. But Ido still have a stupid amount of stickers /decals is anybody interested in them D289EE83-F82A-4565-92CD-9385B8F4F0D2.jpeg

80F892B8-054C-440B-BBBD-18F54B1FE6EE.jpeg

Top Bottom