EM Factor-E Trials: 4-speed transmission, Flywheel, and Clutch

leeo45

Geezer in denial
New Electric Motion Factor-E in the works for MY 2025: Large flywheel, 4-speed transmission, and regular motorcycle clutch!

Production to begin Feb 2024.
Info from EM press release (translated from the linked article):

· Completely new engine. More power, more inertia, more revolutions (17,000!)
· Four speed gearbox
· New mechanical clutch with Kevlar discs
· Controller with new settings
· Completely new 1.8 kWh battery in interior and structure
· Updated transmission system
· 1,400Nm motor torque (in first gear)
· Range of 59 kilometers
· Peak power 19kW
· Completely new chassis in geometries and reinforcements
· TECH TJ2 two-way shock absorber
· S3 Parts Handlebar
· DID chain step 520
· Homologation as a 125cc motorcycle
· Weight in running order: 73 Kg

TrialWorld article (Spanish)

pelectric_motion_factor_e_2025_trial_electrica_2.jpg

F451

Very interesting, can't wait to hear the reviews on it.

And when are they going to develop and sell a full sized MX/enduro bike? Seems like the next logical step for them. Perhaps they're waiting for next gen batteries to come out to allow a better power to weight ratio.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
And when are they going to develop and sell a full sized MX/enduro bike?
Things like that happen very-very rarely. This year we are extremely lucky to have three established motorcycle manufacturers who decided to venture into the motocross market: Beta, Triumph, and Ducati. I do not remember this happening before in my lifetime.

Motocross is prospering! New electrics are coming out of nowhere too. Are we entering the new Golden Age? Let's home the economy stays okay for this to continue, and the young kids choose riding outdoors over playing video games.

John Lindemann

New Electric Motion Factor-E in the works for MY 2025: Large flywheel, 4-speed transmission, and regular motorcycle clutch!

Production to begin Feb 2024.
Info from EM press release (translated from the linked article):

· Completely new engine. More power, more inertia, more revolutions (17,000!)
· Four speed gearbox
· New mechanical clutch with Kevlar discs
· Controller with new settings
· Completely new 1.8 kWh battery in interior and structure
· Updated transmission system
· 1,400Nm motor torque (in first gear)
· Range of 59 kilometers
· Peak power 19kW
· Completely new chassis in geometries and reinforcements
· TECH TJ2 two-way shock absorber
· S3 Parts Handlebar
· DID chain step 520
· Homologation as a 125cc motorcycle
· Weight in running order: 73 Kg

TrialWorld article (Spanish)

View attachment 10810
I have a 2018 Alta EXR and a 2021 Electric Motion e pure with a clutch. I will not buy another motorcycle without a clutch. I’m not really sure that the 4 speed transmission is needed. Electric Motion is currently at the pinnacle of electric motorcycle development. They’re trying different things in search of customers. I would have said the clutch was unnecessary until I tried it. They may be right with the transmission as well. I can’t wait to ride one of these bikes.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
I believe the combination of the larger flywheel, the clutch, and now the different gear ratios will allow an expert rider to execute some of the very advanced techniques that the previous bikes cannot manage. It will certainly allow riders to more easily bring ICE bike trials techniques to the EM bikes; and perhaps that will promote sales and more e-bike adopters.

I am not anywhere close to being a competent competition trials rider so I don't know that I need the transmission, but I understand the physics behind those maneuvers and I understand why the new features will help. I just wish EM had a dealer closer to me than 550 miles. I am seriously considering driving to Maryland or Ohio when the new bikes comes out. An electric trials bike would be the ultimate backyard practice machine.

Swank171

I bet the 4 speed transmission will help range as well for guys that might it for light trail riding to get to some of the deper trials spots....we have a few here in so cal that are a little 5+ min ride to get to the spots.