Electric Motion Escape XR! Ultra bee competitor?

Swank171

Looks like it’s about the same weight and foot print. Slightly less in peak power but premium components and a hydraulic clutch….

What is your guys take on it? Since stark stiffed me I’m looking for something to ride the pit bike track and poach smaller trails with my kids and I’ll just keep my 450 for riding….

Should I MOD an ultra or go e motion again? (I previously had the trials bike….they are amazing bikes)

leeo45

Geezer in denial
They don't show the Escape XR as an available model on the USA site. The 'R' has a seat and the clutch, however it is much more of a trials bike; i.e. smaller battery, smaller brakes, and different suspension. Have you spoken with a U.S. EM dealer about the XR? It looks like C&D Cycle is near you in San Diego.

As you say, their trials bikes are great. I would have one if there was a dealer closer than 574 miles. :rolleyes: The EM XR would be my pick if you can get one here.

Swank171

I have spoken to the two dealerships near me. I previously owned the pure and loved it. This battery is quite a bit larger than the Escape R. Although it is better than the escape or I’m still wondering how it stacks up to the Ultra Bee. The footprint looks almost identical. The wait is almost identical, but the Ultra Bee gets the edge in the top speed in the battery range. The only thing is the battery range on these bikes are claimed ranges, we all know how that goes. The Ultra Bee doesn’t come anywhere near its claimed range.

I ALSO SPOKE WITH ELECTRIC MOTION, A MONTH OR TWO AGO WHEN I SAW THIS RELEASE. THEY HAD EMAILED ME BECAUSE I WAS A PREVIOUS CUSTOMER. IT WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE IN THE STATES IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. I THINK THEY’RE TARGET WAS MARCH.

No idea why speak to text capitalized all that…..I promise I’m not yelling. Hahah.

Oded

The Escape will be a high quality model, that's for sure.
Only thing I dislike about it is the low voltage battery (48v) they use, as opposed to the 72v pack of the Ultra bee.
Higher voltage systems are more efficient, and usually run cooler.
I guess the 48v is for legal and homologation reasons.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I am interested. I had an Oset 24R, which is their flagship model, but it was too toy-like and quite cheaply made (bad throttle, weak brakes). I sold it, but I haven't given up on finding a fun trials bike.

Swank171

I had the OSET 20 for my son at the same time as the electric motion epure. I can tell you the electric motion is one of the nicest most well put together bikes and has incredible performance. It’s on par, and very competitive with the gas trials bikes

Oded

Also had the Oset. it is a much cheaper made bike with brushed (!) motor and lower quality components. the EM machines are in a different league.