Display alternative with additional features

S300

Wow! I think that display is sweet! I always thought that Alta should have included more features on the stock unit.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
How
Wow! I think that display is sweet! I always thought that Alta should have included more features on the stock unit.

Of all the things we wanted.. to play Excite bike would have been awesome! This looks sweet

Querlenker, how are you connecting to the main vehicle harness? Pigtail? Spliced straight in?

querlenker

Unplug the stock and plug in the new one. Thats all.

The display has a few disadvantages i will post later. Nothing realy bad. I need some time for testing on the bike and than i will post the results here.

Sumik

Start-up Screen:
View attachment 2322

Main Screen:
View attachment 2324

Temperatures (some errors on this srceen, old image):
View attachment 2325

Errors screen:
View attachment 2326

Throttle active indicator:
Link

I am now able to display several temperatures, for example, battery, inverter and motor.

I did implement some kind of indicator for the activation of the trottle. With throttle enabled and no speed, it blinks (color adjustable), when you start riding it turns the leds off. Same functionality but doesnt look as good as the Alta animation.

The OEM Alta display is pretty fine for the avarage user, this one here, like said before, is for more advanced use or development. Ok it makes the bike also run again if the OEM display is damaged, but that was not my intent. Right now i am able to display and log nearly everything whats going on in the bike, add the gps data and other things (like suspension) and you have a nice toy to play with.
Maybe you can find out what part is getting hot first when the control system reduces the power. It happens always in the last two laps of the race :( Then we could develop some additional cooling of the part which is too hot.

Miles Prower

This is a picture from last year of my friends MX. I personaly dont own one, but i can ride this one when i want. I was short off importing an MXR but than ALTA closed its doors and I was not sure to make this risk.

Bummer that things unfolded the way they did.

Meanwhile, I'm curious to hear more about your alternative display, once you've done more testing. Thanks for putting in the effort!

autohog

Can your display be used as a direct replacement for the OEM display?
And agreed, many thanks for putting in such effort 👍🏻

querlenker

So a few news..

The display sits on the bike as shown on the picture. If there would not be a steering damper, this location would be better. Everything works, it turns on with the bike, the bike runs with its can bus output, the active throttle is signalized and all data is logged.

IMG_5233.PNG

For now, i cannot share any interessting numbers, as i dont have them. In a few weeks, when the tracks open here, i have this data.

I am also trying to get an updated AIM firmware, which enables more features and let me adopt the display better to the bike.