Converting MX to EX

FrancoLizard

My local KTM dealer (former Alta dealer) has installed all of the components to convert my MX to an EX, including the kickstand and sensors, etc. They're saying that the bike will not start and they're getting an error message saying to raise the kickstand, even if its already raised. Their assumption is that they need to apply the EX firmware.

This seems like a reasonable assumption, but I thought I'd check here before they go to the trouble of borrowing an Alta computer. If I'm using a factory kickstand, sensor, etc, on a converted MX, do we need to apply the EX firmware?

Thanks!

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
My local KTM dealer (former Alta dealer) has installed all of the components to convert my MX to an EX, including the kickstand and sensors, etc. They're saying that the bike will not start and they're getting an error message saying to raise the kickstand, even if its already raised. Their assumption is that they need to apply the EX firmware.

This seems like a reasonable assumption, but I thought I'd check here before they go to the trouble of borrowing an Alta computer. If I'm using a factory kickstand, sensor, etc, on a converted MX, do we need to apply the EX firmware?

Thanks!
Did they put the kickstand switch backwards? (there is a specific orientation)