Code 35 and 36, repair help?

chclark

Hello fellow Alta owners :)

I have been commuting on an SM for a few years now (a little over 8k miles!) and recently I thought it be a good idea to setup multitool and update the firmware. Long story short, code 35 and 36 popped up soon thereafter.

I read a few of the other threads about how these codes are related to voltage imbalances between cells/modules and the below images from multitool were taken after complete discharge and charge. Note, during the charge cycle after complete discharge, "charge complete" was indicated only after about 4.4 kWh of charge. I restarted charging and it continued to charge until 5.1 kWh and then stopped again. I restarted charging once again (for the last time) and it went until ~5.7 kWh. Currently, I ride the bike to and from work and discharge until the battery indicator blinks and when charging is complete, the battery meter is ~90% full.

From the images, it seems that a couple cells in module 2 are faulty. Does anyone know if this is repairable and how to go about repairing it? @Rashid510 and @Mark911, I have seen helpful replies from both of you on other 35/36 threads and would certainly appreciate your input! Considering that the bike is used for commuting, pack health and capacity is quite important; it's not terrible enjoyable to have the bike die on the highway in cold weather :D.

discharged.png

discharged-dash.png

charged.png