Chain Slider failures

Chain slider finally broke today, have been checking it everyday I ride, 2017 Mx Serial #51, 1,138 miles 76.7 hrs, original chain and sprokets, have always had the chain adjusted correctly before each ride, and slider20180813_182608.jpg has hardly any wear, going to order a replacement tommorow. I wish they had a improved version by now, but may have to try one of the ideas on this page.

Mikec265

I bought a demo with 22 hours on it. By 26 hours my slider was busted. Looks like a new slider with custom re-enforcing is the best way to go so far. Am I correct?

Just wondering if hard riding into braking bumps where the chain on all bikes chatters contributes to the problem. I'm not about to slow down since this bike combined with my new track is making me faster.

snydes

Staff member
I bought a demo with 22 hours on it. By 26 hours my slider was busted. Looks like a new slider with custom re-enforcing is the best way to go so far. Am I correct?

Just wondering if hard riding into braking bumps where the chain on all bikes chatters contributes to the problem. I'm not about to slow down since this bike combined with my new track is making me faster.
So far our only option is DIY reinforcement. There is strong evidence that Alta is revising the part, but we have no idea when that may be available.