Chain Slider failures

Fod

Im betting Alta didnt even design the slider, and just sourced the entire thing out to either Acerbis or WP. And getting an outside vendor to support this is likely where the problem lies.
I also assume Acerbis did the design/manufacture of the water holding subframe.
Never even thought of that....but wouldn't they have an aftermarket one ready then currently to fix the issues...:censored: I mean for wear and TEAR?

Fod

I have a PSA: A little birdie (from Alta) told me "a 2012 KTM aftermarket slider might work".

Which aftermarket manufacturer -- I do not know. Maybe Scott @Elite Motorsports would know?

I also heard someone here on the board might have a 2013 model. It's worth checking.

This Birdie needs to cough up some info!!!! Ridiculous how I am using a cut piece of a frisbee rim double sided taped to my swing arm on my low hour $12k bike.....and some little birdie is throwing crubs at us. There is an aftermarket
Are we talking about the slider near the rear sprocket?

If so.... The TM Design Works chain guide is the way to go:
TM Design Works Chain Guide
Do you have the slider that fits the mxr? I was told oem was the only one and maybe a 12 ktm but highly doubtful.

Fod

The heck with all that, I want to see Fod’s repair!
Like a Frisbee it flew off yesterday! Lasted probably longer then the original! haha. Fog said yesterday after it flew off that when he installs his new chain slider he will give me his old broken one which is only broken at the back which is better then mine which is broken front and back.

Fod

Scott/Elite MS thought we were talking about the guide because he broke one of those doing enduroX. If he finds a aftermarket slider he will post up here. But as of now I am still searching!

Fog 25

Scott/Elite MS thought we were talking about the guide because he broke one of those doing enduroX. If he finds a aftermarket slider he will post up here. But as of now I am still searching!
Front slider Alta only. Rear block KTM.

Fog 25

Here’s my fix for the chains slider. I do not know if it will work yet till I go out riding?D658E929-A60E-421C-9D58-466060484EFD.jpeg3C646C70-0082-4F88-8D5E-A5AEBBB8D13D.pngWill see how long it holds up?

Fog 25

It’s a rubber foot from a speaker. I used a command strip on the top and bottom to hold it in place. I thought about using silicone but went with the command strip. I file a little angle to help with more mating surface. I figured it would support the gap in the middle and if it falls out I’ll be back to stock. No harm.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The Birdie is working in it, ordered a few of them to test out. We should know soon, hopefully, unless one of us figures it out sooner.
Sadly the little birdie was way wrong... No KTM chain sliders will fit the Alta.

So we need to either reinforce the stock sliders or wait for the aftermarket to come up with something.

@MotoMinded

Reactions: Fod