BAD NEWS

Slayer

I ran the JDay Mohawk GP this past weekend. Some of the kids/young men were brutal. I overheard a dozen comments about Alta shutting down, explanations ranged from "electric fucking sucks" and "nobody wants electric", and on the other end of the spectrum was "HD killed another one" and "too bad, in 10 years we'll all be riding electric". One teen offered me $50 for the bike because it was "obsolete". Gone were the murmurings of "hey, an Alta, cool......"

The comments seemed proof enough that Alta did some image damage. I really hope they had no choice, and really really hope they pull out of this.

Sad commentary on the state of things. I have no understanding as to why you would want to make things great again, when you can move forward faster. Oops, said it...

snydes

Staff member
I ran the JDay Mohawk GP this past weekend. Some of the kids/young men were brutal. I overheard a dozen comments about Alta shutting down, explanations ranged from "electric fucking sucks" and "nobody wants electric", and on the other end of the spectrum was "HD killed another one" and "too bad, in 10 years we'll all be riding electric". One teen offered me $50 for the bike because it was "obsolete". Gone were the murmurings of "hey, an Alta, cool......"

The comments seemed proof enough that Alta did some image damage. I really hope they had no choice, and really really hope they pull out of this.

If the rumors are true, I anxiously await the day when they learn the top 2 wheeled off road superpower and coincidentally their 2 stroke savior starts "pushing electric down their throat" to a degree they never thought possible. Is that wrong of me?:devilish:

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
If the rumors are true, I anxiously await the day when they learn the top 2 wheeled off road superpower and coincidentally their 2 stroke savior starts "pushing electric down their throat" to a degree they never thought possible. Is that wrong of me?:devilish:

Hahahahaa! I'm with you on this sentiment! I should also say that several guys in my class/moto thought the Alta was cool, asked questions, mentioned it was too bad they shut down, etc. But nothing like the attention it usually draws. The neutral/sympathetic/positive comments were from riders more aligned with the demographics of the buyers.

rtf

I know in business this is what happens and its what is required, but a little communication from Alta would be nice. Unless I missed it, (which I probably did) the only form of communication from Alta has been a "Thank you" post on their social media accounts. Like I said, I completely understand, but my selfish side would atleast like to see some sort of communication.

snydes

Staff member
I know in business this is what happens and its what is required, but a little communication from Alta would be nice. Unless I missed it, (which I probably did) the only form of communication from Alta has been a "Thank you" post on their social media accounts. Like I said, I completely understand, but my selfish side would atleast like to see some sort of communication.

Me too. Unfortunately I sincerely doubt anything will surface here that won't first be seen and posted on social media. All we have been doing here is regurgitating rumors and old information. I understand that they have no obligation to cater to us on this forum, although seeing how this is the largest gathering of Alta owners on the internet it sure would be nice to get some additional consideration.

MCP412

Anyone interested in a petition/plea to Alta to release part supplier information so we can service our bikes? Here’s s suggestion to Alta for a PR: “We at Alta sincerely appreciate our loyal and dedicated customers, and acknowledge the uncertainty we have caused by our decision to cease operations. Owners can use the following list of suppliers in the event they are in need of parts”. We are also going to provide the following support numbers to our dealers.” To sit in silence is a complete lack of respect for your customers!

Slayer

Anyone interested in a petition/plea to Alta to release part supplier information so we can service our bikes? Here’s s suggestion to Alta for a PR: “We at Alta sincerely appreciate our loyal and dedicated customers, and acknowledge the uncertainty we have caused by our decision to cease operations. Owners can use the following list of suppliers in the event they are in need of parts”. We are also going to provide the following support numbers to our dealers.” To sit in silence is a complete lack of respect for your customers!

stakeholders!

Butch

Poseur
It hasn't even been a week. Give them time.

Yeah dudes. This site also has a vested interested, as do you all. The membership here represents a substantial knowledge base. We’ll make it work.

We seem to expect immediate gratification nowadays perhaps..

Are we having fun yet? Man, I haven’t ridden in like two days. I better get on that.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I agree with you on this, provided that there is no immediate resolution. That said, I honestly think this is going to sort itself out and Alta will have new owner/s investor/s. Too many underbreath comments and references from people who do know whats going on, and can't just come out and tell us.......yet, is what I base this on.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Alta is not going to go bankrupt. Even if it does, which it won't, someone will buy it with all its equipment, patients, technology, and key staff. Right now it is quickly losing its value, its asking price. It is becoming more attractive to all the potential buyers. Sooner or later someone will make an offer that Alta will accept, and we will all be okay.

Nobody who is serious about the motorcycle business is going to buy Alta with the intention of stopping the production of Redshifts and selling the company's asserts piece by piece. Alta is not going anywhere any time soon.