BAD NEWS

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
I was poking around on LinkedIn the other day where there are profiles for around 50 or so former Alta employees. I was curious to see how many folks had updated their profiles with new employers. It looked like the majority had not. Can't read too much into that, as sometimes people just don't update their profiles. But I expected to see more folks with new jobs. The optimist in me is hoping there are plans to re-incarnate the company in some form or another.

Some are looking for the ideal situation, also the tail end of the year at ANY company does not really look for people to hire. Plus some are proud.

Judaslefourbe

@Judaslefourbe -- AOF members would like to officially extend an offer to you to become our Alta Engineering Consultant. You will be paid monthly with whatever funds the members gather that month, of with whatever you agree with them on an individual basis. There!
I appreciate the offer. I am no engineer but am definitely happy to help as much as I can for as long as I can. And keep your $$ to enjoy yourselves.
As for the NDA, it is mostly about not sharing what happened in the company as well as IP/trade secrets. I do not remember reading a clause about going to the competition.

TriumphTwins

"BRP has no interest in restarting operations of Alta Motors"

I was dissapointed to read this but maybe they will first develop the platform further? Surely they didn't just purchase it with no intent in doing Something down the road.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
The Alta tech would be perfect for electric karts. I had thoughts of making a kart out of a smashed up Alta, if I came across one for cheap.....

leeo45

Geezer in denial
At least they are not leaving us hanging wondering. Too bad.

So, overall this seems to confirm what we heard in the Alta 2.0 thread; that Alta Motors will not be resuming production of the Redshift motorcycles, however the language "certain intellectual property, patents, and some limited physical assets" doesn't really tell us what they bought and what they left behind in the ABC.

For example, it is not totally unreasonable to think that since they have "no interest in restarting operations of ALTA Motors" there could be 150 new Redshift bikes out there in the remaining, unsold assets. No telling what else is is or isn't in the remaining IP or physical assets (laptops?) that might help us keep these bikes running for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure the saga of the ABC is entirely over, however I also don't have any idea how to find out any answers. Maybe some of the people who have already acquired some of the "back door assets" can give us a clue??