BAD NEWS

BenEXR

My local(40 miles away)-dealer has taken down/removed all the Redshifts they had for sale from their website.

privateer703

AOF Addict
Does anyone know if the Alta Store is taking orders? I was able to create an account and up to checkout it looked like it was working. I'm guessing this is run directly by Alta and that any order will probably not be filled or delivered, even though it looks like I could pay for the item.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Does anyone know if the Alta Store is taking orders? I was able to create an account and up to checkout it looked like it was working. I'm guessing this is run directly by Alta and that any order will probably not be filled or delivered, even though it looks like I could pay for the item.

The order i placed the day of the "Bad News" announcement is still in pending status. I'm willing to bet no one is there to fill the order.

banned

Allowed to sell the bikes as they are floored through Wells Fargo not Alta. No news / word on the Alta front - sorry guys.

BenEXR

My local(40 miles away)-dealer has taken down/removed all the Redshifts they had for sale from their website.

Ominous. Souhegan Valley Motorsports has now taken down the entire Alta Motors section of their website. Scrubbed it completely.

At least for them, there is no "wait and see."

banned

I think it's a bit easier for the smaller dealers to just write Alta off. Aside from being the largest Alta dealer YTD we've got quite a few units here sitting - so we've got no choice but to be hopeful! It has been unfortunate to not have heard anything official, we've only been informed just as much as the public.

belloinsella

I've been thinking about getting an MXR for NorCal trails and with the bad news, I'm a bit concerned, but now I'm trying to find one for a closeout deal. Seems like most dealers cannot sell them right now, until they hear from Alta. However, I was curious and bought a t-shirt yesterday from the Alta website and got a shipping confirmation from them. So maybe there are still folks working or maybe their softgoods are drop shipped from someone else...

EDIT: I just looked more in depth at tracking and it's shipping from Breinigsville, PA, so that's not good news.

houla

Hey all, I just signed up to the forum but have been lurking for a bit. I recently started looking into Alta, and was pretty excited. I Inquired (by email) about the EXR and was even prepping my 530EXC for possible sale.
No word from Alta, but they did send me the T-shirt I ordered:rolleyes:. Nice shirt, just hope it's not memorabilia at this point.
I'm a little unimpressed by the way this is being handled. I wish ya'all luck.

belloinsella

Dealers are in the dark too it seems. Spoke with two different dealers in CA. One says that Alta told them not to sell any new bikes until they figure out what's happening and the other said he has a '19 still in the plastic wrap and ready to sell. Dunno...

Rocketz152

I’m assuming no news is good news. If they were going to shut down or file bankruptcy I don’t think they would have ended the conversation (social media with a simple thanks post) the way they did... time will tell... and it doesn’t help that I’m extremely impatient lol...

bluefxstc

I suggest we all pitch in and buy a bike just to dissect and try and reverse engineer. I'm pretty confident in my judgement and abilities but there are some components on my personal bike I'm not prepared to risk poking and prodding too much in the search for knowledge. Not sure how to handle the logistics, however.
I would recommend waiting until clarity on the situation with Alta. If Alta goes under, which I really hope doesn't happen, someone will liquidate the assets. The assets will include parts, partly completed bikes, and completed bikes that hadn't been shipped yet. That is the time to pick up what you need to figure out how these things work. When Azure Dynamics went under it was a huge sale and things went for pennies on the dollar. Hopefully it will never come to that, but that is the time to pick up parts.