AOF Addiction

Matt

E-Rider
Hello all,

This is an open letter to those who feel similarly. I have been on this forum for 5 or 6 months now. I started because I heard that Alta was going out of business from a friend and wanted to know more about what was going on as I was always a huge fan and hoped to get a bike within a few years. Fast forward several months and I now own a bike, have joined a 24hr race team, and spent a great deal of time and money on setting myself up for the perfect electrified riding season (hopefully many seasons). I love my Alta so far and I love the community that surrounds these bikes. That being said gosh dang is this forum addicting. I check back in all the time to see the latest posts and comments. At times it has been borderline compulsive lol. Looking forward to riding this weekend. It will be my first larger ride on the bike. I may film some... and post...;)

Thanks,
-A fellow Forum Addict

wildman240

Looking forward to hanging out and racing with you in July. Get as much seat time as you can to figure out if you want to make any changes/adjustments on your bike. Don't just be happy on it...be comfortable too. Bar risers, footpegs, gel seat, lights, suspension tweaks...etc.

Matt

E-Rider
Looking forward to hanging out and racing with you in July. Get as much seat time as you can to figure out if you want to make any changes/adjustments on your bike. Don't just be happy on it...be comfortable too. Bar risers, footpegs, gel seat, lights, suspension tweaks...etc.
I am looking forward to it as well! I know I am going to have a fun time adjusting the suspension. Fortunately, I am pretty light so I may not need to change too much but I like it pretty stiff so not sure yet. I plan to dial it in over the next couple of months. Footpegs are another likely change.

wildman240

Lol. I see tee shirts and books happening. "Me and My Alta...The Mistress Who Consumed Me".

And then we can set up a 12 step program and interventions as needed.

F451

Lol. I see tee shirts and books happening. "Me and My Alta...The Mistress Who Consumed Me".

And then we can set up a 12 step program and interventions as needed.

Altaventions...my man, Altaventions.

Here's me at my first meeting:

Well, I used to be really bad at parties and bbq's, if I wasn't talking to somebody about dirt bikes I was really bored, just could not get into hearing about the new patio, or your kids latest great thing, or god forbid your new wine with its oaky approachable misty something or other. Somebody shoot me now. Even worse was if I met some dirt bike dude that my wife insisted I talk to, she would be so pleased to drag him over to me, half the time they don't know jack about dirt bikes and riding but are working really hard to show me how much they know. Someone please put me out of my misery now and where's that giant bottle of Jack thank you very much.

Since I got my Alta, its even worse. Oh your new TPI bike, sounds cool man. Yawn. Huh, you've got electric start on your 2 stroke, wow, that is insane (gulp, chug, gulp, chug)...

Hey man, if we're not talking Alta's, we're not talking, get it?!

And don't even get me started on the dip sh*ts that have never ridden an Alta much less seen one telling me all the negatives....

I think that about sums it up, Lol.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I don't have a problem with Alta, I can quit any time I want! I just might start right after this next ride. Or maybe the next, but I tell you I can quit whenever I want!

VINSANITY

I’m addicted to electrification - I started building an ebike and went on a quest for more and more power, got totally consumed. Got a Tesla model 3 which was based on the ebike compulsion. Watched all the developments with Alta and was waiting for the second generation, but jumped in just to get one.

Gas bike people don’t get it, just like car drivers are clueless about the benefits of electric - the future is so clearly electric in certain applications but the average person just doesn’t have the exposure and level of comfort to go for it.

It will be interesting to watch some major auto makers go out of business as they try to hold on the ICE and maybe, eventually electric motorcycles will get noticed on a parallel path.

For now we are part of a secret society that has been pushed underground but eventually electric will dominate the market place.

FU Harley & BRP and anyone else getting in the way, you can’t stop progress.

F451

You guys are killing me here, Lol. And I'm not as bad as I described above, but I'm not that far from it either.

And yes, F-U Harley, and a double F-U to BRP.

wildman240

Me and my MXR:

Me when I've got the bike loaded and I'm pulling out of the driveway on the way to go riding. Full volume please, Lol:

"It's going down!" Oh yes it is.

Too funny. I prefer Herb with the Tijuana Brass. Need to find a meme of a hypodermic needle with a battery in the tube doing main line.

Something like this but with LiON battery instead of Nutella:

1554476287641.png

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Hello all,

This is an open letter to those who feel similarly. I have been on this forum for 5 or 6 months now. I started because I heard that Alta was going out of business from a friend and wanted to know more about what was going on as I was always a huge fan and hoped to get a bike within a few years. Fast forward several months and I now own a bike, have joined a 24hr race team, and spent a great deal of time and money on setting myself up for the perfect electrified riding season (hopefully many seasons). I love my Alta so far and I love the community that surrounds these bikes. That being said gosh dang is this forum addicting. I check back in all the time to see the latest posts and comments. At times it has been borderline compulsive lol. Looking forward to riding this weekend. It will be my first larger ride on the bike. I may film some... and post...;)

Thanks,
-A fellow Forum Addict
GUESS WHAT? I GOT FEVER! AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE ALTA!! I want you to explore the Alta Forum.